Internet Scams

People don’t want to hear this but the solution to not being scammed is to not be a gullible idiot to begin with.

I’m sympathetic to the victim in the OPs post but every line of that story screams scam from a mile off.

My elderly parents get these calls every week. How come the BBC can track where the call centre is (Scam Interceptors)? Similarly, on YouTube there are loads of videos by scam buster types who often manage to get the scumbag's face up online. Makes me wonder how much is being done by the phone companies to protect us.

The answer to the second part of that question is people not changing the default password / not having a secure connection to begin with on cheap webcams and security cameras.

People don’t want to hear this but the solution to not being scammed is to not be a gullible idiot to begin with.

I’m sympathetic to the victim in the OPs post but every line of that story screams scam from a mile off.
This doesn't apply to the OP but I have read of many scams where the victim was just being greedy. Investing in thing promising a 'guaranteed' 50% annual return , buying Iphones for £159 etc. They enter into these things and then when it turns out to be too good be true (which is an immedate red flag!) they start bleating to the banks and news papers, tweeter etc and it some cases they're bloody lucky to get anything back.

If you ever get an email with the words;

"We have changed our bank account details.."

Particularly in transactions involving large amounts of money such as property transactions, telephone the person you are sending money to (not using any contact details in the email) to confirm.
One of the high ups at our company fell for that one, it ended very badly...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.