Invasion of Germany

Maldeika said:
bayern blade said:
blue underpants said:
Glad im not flying today, not keen on turbulance

Well I'm up north but the weather is terrible atm, we were all sent home from work two hours early at our place due to extreme bad weather warnings, torrential rain, howling winds the lot.
The xmas market here is closed as are a few of the shops.

Looks like it could influence Bayern's match on Saturday as they are playing in Bremen. The river Weser in Bremen is expected to go up over 6m in the night - more than 5.5 m will be a problem and some parts of the stadium could get drowned. If that happens the match will get postphoned.

4 of us are driving monday, hope all the trees have fallen down by then! ferry might be fun though

blue underpants said:
Glad im not flying today, not keen on turbulance

I am not keen on flying at all. I am going through my normal pre flight routine, no sleep 7 days before. Can't wait to touch down on Sunday in Salzburg and enjoy the rest of my trip.

Driving home by the way...

bayern blade said:
Jackouk said:
Everyone is in the center near the train station as far as im aware... also from what others have said there is no bars around the stadium

Nothing at all near the stadium apart from a few crappy kiosks selling beer in plastic cups in the freezing cold. Stay in town until you set off to the game.
Head for Schwabing (underground stations "Giselastrasse" or "Münchener freiheit"), absolutely loads of bars, pubs and clubs.

Hi Bayern,
someone has mentioned Occomstrasse near Munchener freiheit to me saying there are plenty of bars and clubs. Was thinking of heading up there the afternoon of the game then back to the area again after the game, good idea or not ? Also what time will the bars be open until around this area after the game?

Big thanks to Bayern Blade and the German lads for keeping us informed and sharing info.

Stars the lot of you.

El Presidente will be in the Augenstiener on monday night and will welcome all blues personally :))

Rascal said:
Big thanks to Bayern Blade and the German lads for keeping us informed and sharing info.

Stars the lot of you.

El Presidente will be in the Augenstiener on monday night and will welcome all blues personally :))
The security fund is running low, could you bung me an extra £59k the armoured limousine cost more than I thought.

mainestand said:
bayern blade said:
Jackouk said:
Everyone is in the center near the train station as far as im aware... also from what others have said there is no bars around the stadium

Nothing at all near the stadium apart from a few crappy kiosks selling beer in plastic cups in the freezing cold. Stay in town until you set off to the game.
Head for Schwabing (underground stations "Giselastrasse" or "Münchener freiheit"), absolutely loads of bars, pubs and clubs.

Hi Bayern,
someone has mentioned Occomstrasse near Munchener freiheit to me saying there are plenty of bars and clubs. Was thinking of heading up there the afternoon of the game then back to the area again after the game, good idea or not ? Also what time will the bars be open until around this area after the game?

Yes Occam strasse, Leopold strasse are the places to go for the nightlife. They should be open until the early hours but as it's Tuesday I'm not positive. It's where we used to go out on weekends in our ...ahem...younger years ! It's a bit quiet up there in the afternoons, Schwabing is an evening/night drinking area.

-- Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:00 pm --

Rascal said:

Anytime, glad to be of help. I hope you have a good time in Munich (apart from the match obviously !).

-- Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:03 pm --

Maldeika said:
Looks like it could influence Bayern's match on Saturday as they are playing in Bremen. The river Weser in Bremen is expected to go up over 6m in the night - more than 5.5 m will be a problem and some parts of the stadium could get drowned. If that happens the match will get postphoned.

Yes we may well be fresher than City as Sky is reporting that it is very likely that the River Weser will rise 6 metres tonight, the stadium in Bremen is bang next to the river and the wall protecting it is only 5.5 metres high. This would mean the pitch would be under water and our game would be off.

Rascal said:

Stars the lot of you.

Good to hear that, comrade

I'm there from Saturday onwards. Just mingling in with the locals.

Decked out in Lederhosen, with an "I Shot JR" sombrero and a copy of Pravda tucked under my armpit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.