than the arse bore fest.
Record points
Record goals
Record away wins
Record consecutive wins
50 points at home
50 points away
Attack Attack Attack

It frustrates, disappoints and surprises me that the club and fans haven't made more of a Record achievement that only we are likely to match or emulate in the modern generation.

All hail the CENTURIONS !!

Arsenal's Invincibles points tally wouldnt have won the league half of the seasons over the past decade. I think it's going to be another close title race this season and it's unlikely any team would be far enough ahead by Feb/March to the point where their main focus became remaining unbeaten and actively playing out cagey draws.

In our case, I don't think even having a chance of going unbeaten would see us change the way we set out and play games. We usually play to win, even if it means we might fall foul to smash and grab style defeat. As an achievement, the centurions season was much more representative of who we are under Pep.

None of the above is to say that it wasn't a huge achievement for Arsenal to go unbeaten and I doubt it will be repeated again.

Imagine if we went invincible and lost the League to Arsenal?

The mental gymnastics going on at the Emirates would be something else. Would we get a Gold PL trophy and them the regular one lol

Great response! I personally think it is unlikely that we would go unbeaten in the league all season but that we have a better chance of doing that this year than any other. A big factor in this could be Gundo's return and him having given up international football. This should make us stronger after those irritating breaks when the likes of KdB come back exhausted.

It would be great to take away one of the few reasons the tarquins have to lord it over us and others.

But "Typical City" is going to happen at some point!
It already has.
Alvarez leaves and Oscar Bobb immediately gets injured.
In training!

Arsenal’s Invincibles and City’s Centurions both found themselves in the right place at the right time to achieve those landmarks. Both had the title sewn up early and crucially had no involvements in any cups (Europe or domestically) during the final couple of months of the seasons meaning they could concentrate on nothing but making history from their league campaigns.
I’d much rather be chasing another treble and be able to lose a game or two having clinched the title if given the choice.

Arsenal’s Invincibles and City’s Centurions both found themselves in the right place at the right time to achieve those landmarks. Both had the title sewn up early and crucially had no involvements in any cups (Europe or domestically) during the final couple of months of the seasons meaning they could concentrate on nothing but making history from their league campaigns.
I’d much rather be chasing another treble and be able to lose a game or two having clinched the title if given the choice.

My memory is that Arsenal didn’t wrap up the league until very deep into the season, due to so many draws?

My memory is that Arsenal didn’t wrap up the league until very deep into the season, due to so many draws?
You may be right but I think it was looking inevitable for a few weeks before they were mathematically confirmed as champions. They finished 11 points clear of runners up Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.