Invincibles? I hate doing this but....

I have to say that in my opinion, this seems to me to be the best squad we have ever had.

I am willing to predict that we will come very close to going the whole season unbeaten. Our strength is phenomenal and Pep really does seem to be on top of his game.

I know its by no means a certainty but looking at the strength of our squad and the that of the opposition I just cannot see anyone getting close to us. The likelihood of us getting overturned will be by a lower struggling team as opposed to any of the big guns.

I hope I haven't jinxed us but we really do have strength all over the place, brilliant cover and a fantastic group of youngsters eager to get involved.

Most importantly what we have which I think will deliver for us is.... a settled squad that is regularly and comfortably rotated.
There are too many factors outside our control to go the whole season unbeaten. Look at the ref on Saturday - blatant foul on Savinho and he gives a goal kick. Mind, it might have been a way of getting another look as they seem to require VAR to help them out even when it's stark staring obvious. And the pen for the foul on Haaland? Ne'er a sniff! Jack's booking? Diaz yellow for the first foul? You only need a couple of bookings here 'n there and yer lose a player. I'm convinced the threshold for a City booking is lower than the shortest blade of grass on the pitch, whereas the opposition have their threshold level with the second tier!

We don't play for fucking draws and never have. Over a full season that almost guarantees a couple of defeats purely by bad luck of an own goal, one poor performance post CL game, a shit penalty or sending off. There are too many variables for it to happen. It's unrealistic to have it on your wish list and that's why it's not on mine.
Raising that league trophy at the end of the season is all that matters, we don't chase pipedreams.

I have to say that in my opinion, this seems to me to be the best squad we have ever had.

I am willing to predict that we will come very close to going the whole season unbeaten. Our strength is phenomenal and Pep really does seem to be on top of his game.

I know its by no means a certainty but looking at the strength of our squad and the that of the opposition I just cannot see anyone getting close to us. The likelihood of us getting overturned will be by a lower struggling team as opposed to any of the big guns.

I hope I haven't jinxed us but we really do have strength all over the place, brilliant cover and a fantastic group of youngsters eager to get involved.

Most importantly what we have which I think will deliver for us is.... a settled squad that is regularly and comfortably rotated.
Cursed. You are a blue aren’t you?
Ipswich goal showed how vulnerable we can be.

Raggish thread.

errrr... are you sue about that? You want to pass me your pills whilst I'm getting mine?

Even the Rags wouldn't.... err couldn't predict this now... could they?

It might be somewhat premature, but it’s not raggish.

They’ve already lost!

i have to agree with stoned rose,
it is a raggish thread.

not a nowadays raggish thread
because they are utter wank nowadays
and it wouldn't make any sense.

but let's travel back in time,
to when the rags were winning things...

i could envisage a thread like this on rag cafe back then.
they were such smug cunts.
okay, they were winning stuff,
but it was their smugness about it that made them detestable.

this thread has that air of smugness
and it isn't attractive.

you can tell a rag from a mile away nowadays,
because they've had that smugness wiped off their faces.

sadly, there seems to be a certain mentality creeping in on here
and i don't like it.
we are not them
and we need to be careful not to think like they did.

as my grandad used to say...
take nowt for granted.

i have to agree with stoned rose,
it is a raggish thread.

not a nowadays raggish thread
because they are utter wank nowadays
and it wouldn't make any sense.

but let's travel back in time,
to when the rags were winning things...

i could envisage a thread like this on rag cafe back then.
they were such smug cunts.
okay, they were winning stuff,
but it was their smugness about it that made them detestable.

this thread has that air of smugness
and it isn't attractive.

you can tell a rag from a mile away nowadays,
because they've had that smugness wiped off their faces.

sadly, there seems to be a certain mentality creeping in on here
and i don't like it.
we are not them
and we need to be careful not to think like they did.

as my grandad used to say...
take nowt for granted.
Not sure any of us expects us to not lose games or that we’re going back to supporting Chelsea if we do lose.

I wouldn’t have made a thread like this, but it’s mostly tongue in cheek/hopeful.

Our chances of an invincible season have never been higher. In the old days there was 0% chance. Now it’s 0.0000001%.

Not sure any of us expects us to not lose games or that we’re going back to supporting Chelsea if we do lose.

I wouldn’t have made a thread like this, but it’s mostly tongue in cheek/hopeful.

Our chances of an invincible season have never been higher. In the old days there was 0% chance. Now it’s 0.0000001%.
i agree that the replies are mostly tongue in cheek.
im just not keen on the opening post.
which must say something,
because i am rarely serious on here.

Speak for yourself. I've got my Peter Rhodes-Brown pencil case up in the loft, ready to be pressed into action as soon as we lose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.