Invincibles? I hate doing this but....

I have to say that in my opinion, this seems to me to be the best squad we have ever had.

I am willing to predict that we will come very close to going the whole season unbeaten. Our strength is phenomenal and Pep really does seem to be on top of his game.

I know its by no means a certainty but looking at the strength of our squad and the that of the opposition I just cannot see anyone getting close to us. The likelihood of us getting overturned will be by a lower struggling team as opposed to any of the big guns.

I hope I haven't jinxed us but we really do have strength all over the place, brilliant cover and a fantastic group of youngsters eager to get involved.

Most importantly what we have which I think will deliver for us is.... a settled squad that is regularly and comfortably rotated.
1693078211403.gif

I would be very surprised if we did it.

Firstly, playing Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and United away won't be easy games at all. I can see certainly see at least 1 loss in those games if I'm honest. And I always think when we play some of the 'bogey' teams like Palace they are able to do us with the '1 shot, 1 goal' smash and grab stuff we've seen over the years.

Secondly, Pep just doesn't prioritise 'not losing' and it's likely we would play a 'weakened' side, or certainly not play to our potential if we have difficult games away in the CL.

Finally, Whilst it was impressive what Arsenal did, this seasons City, Liverpool and Arsenal would beat them. The teams we are up against are far better than what they were up against.

There's only one Invincibles mate!

Honest question - why do you believe this is the best City squad ever? Compare with last season, you've lost Alvarez and KDB/Walker have another year in their legs. Is it because some of the young lads will have more experience and minutes?

I have to say I was expecting/hoping for City to drop levels vs last season however what I've seen of them so far this season I've not detected any drop at all - they've just picked off where they left last season.

Finally, Whilst it was impressive what Arsenal did, this seasons City, Liverpool and Arsenal would beat them. The teams we are up against are far better than what they were up against.
The Arsenal invincibles team had Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira, Campbell, Cole etc in it. It would absolutely take the current Arsenal team to the cleaners.

Recency bias means fans often think the current time is the best things have ever been but I was fortunate enough to watch that invincibles Arsenal team and no Gunners side has come close since.

We aren't as shit as Arsenal were in that "invincible" season, all those fucking awful draws and not taking any risks.

Fuck that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.