Iran Attack on Israel

Difference is that the US can cripple Iran without nukes as well.

Russia’s conventional forces aren’t worth a damn.
Of course, but that wasn't the point I was making, it was more that nuke threats aren't worth the bandwidth they're written on. None of these, are going to use nukes over this.

As you say the US could cripple iran with normal weapons, but I suspect so could israel, and iran know that too.

IMHO the US will help defend israel, but I doubt they'd go further, unless their own people are seriously attacked by iran (and not the odd rocket on a base in iraq, as previously).

I thought this was relevant given the broader discussion happening in the thread.

This, for me, is a must read perspective from a Jewish person, with strong ties to Israel (their family is Israeli, but they live away), who visited a month ago and was struck by the “pathological stasis” that currently exists in Israel.

I can say my own discussions with family and friends in Israel mirror hers.

Went without saying.
I think it is worth saying, and often, as there a decent number of people that tend to forget that Palestinians are people, as well, and not all are terrorists. And if you have that understanding, the constant “collateral damage” being inflicted on the people in Palestine, as some call it, looks completely different to the narrative that the current ultra-right government (and the majority of the IDF) wish to perpetuate. This same understanding goes for not painting every Israeli as a supporter of the current Israeli regime or complicit in the actions of para-military and/or settler groups in the West Bank.

I think it is worth saying, and often, as there a decent number of people that tend to forget that Palestinians are people, as well, and not all are terrorists. And if you have that understanding, the constant “collateral damage” being inflicted on the people in Palestine, as some call it, looks completely different to the narrative that the current ultra-right government (and the majority of the IDF) wish to perpetuate. This same understanding goes for not painting every Israeli as a supporter of the current Israeli regime or complicit in the actions of para-military and/or settler groups in the West Bank.

The news headline was that Israel are about to come under a large scale attack from Iran and others.

My comment was specifically for the general Israeli person having to hear that and not knowing what awaits. It doesn't need to be constantly backed up by 'but yeh that's how the Palestinians feel'

The news headline was that Israel are about to come under a large scale attack from Iran and others.

My comment was specifically for the general Israeli person having to hear that and not knowing what awaits. It doesn't need to be constantly backed up by 'but yeh that's how the Palestinians feel'
I guess I just have a different perspective on that based on my daily interactions with people (in Israel and elsewhere) regarding this situation, the operations in Gaza, and other ongoing conflicts and events.

But I appreciate your view.

I guess I just have a different perspective on that based on my daily interactions with people (in Israel and elsewhere) regarding this situation, the operations in Gaza, and other ongoing conflicts and events.

But I appreciate your view.

anyone with half a brain knows the daily bombardment, oppression and fear the Palestinians are living in.

I was just specifically talking about the threat Israel faced in the 'Iran Attack On Israel' thread.

anyone with half a brain knows the daily bombardment, oppression and fear the Palestinians are living in.

I was just specifically talking about the threat Israel faced in the 'Iran Attack On Israel' thread.
Fair enough. A lot of less-than-half-brained people shuffling about these days, unfortunately.

The same point I was trying to make yesterday pal.

The whataboutery is off the scale on social media (including on here), people just love having an argument and can’t wrap their heads around complex situations that don’t have a simple answer (I’m not referring to Sebastian here).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.