Iran Attack on Israel

I think you'll find that the attack on the Iranian embassy in Syria means that under international law Iran has the right of self defence in the same way that Israel had the right after 7th of October.

In terms of further Israeli action that would mean Iran had the right of reply if says Tehran was targeted and so we go on.

The more nature approach from Israel would be, ok we took out 7 of your important military personnel, you've responded causing us to spend a lot of money defending ourselves, noone died. Let's call it quits
So 7 legitimate military targets die and a proportionate self-defence response is for Iran to attempt to kill thousands of innocent civilians.... And now Israel should just accept that and move on?

Honestly mate, you cannot understate just how serious this escalation is and how grave the attack by Iran could of been for Israel. The only reason why that attack didn't succeed is because Israel was able to defend itself with support from the west. That is the only difference today between no deaths and thousands.

Forget a response, there's a chance now that Israel could declare war on Iran and let's not forget that Israel is a nuclear armed country...

Because the damage was nugatory in the context of the overall situation and a response could escalate into a regional conflict.
If the UK or even Manchester was attacked by hundreds of missiles targeted at the civilian population then would you expect our response to be well the damage was 'nugatory' so let's move on?

I'm not saying that Israel should respond but it'd be utterly moronic to expect and somehow justify that there should be no response.

So 7 legitimate military targets die and a proportionate self-defence response is for Iran to attempt to kill thousands of innocent civilians.... And now Israel should just accept that and move on?

Honestly mate, you cannot understate just how serious this escalation is and how grave the attack by Iran could of been for Israel. The only reason why that attack didn't succeed is because Israel was able to defend itself with support from the west. That is the only difference today between no deaths and thousands.

Forget a response, there's a chance now that Israel could declare war on Iran and let's not forget that Israel is a nuclear armed country...

Attempt. Thousands were not killed. As for the reference to Israel having nuclear weapons…what exactly are you inferring?

You seem to be saying that the dead Iranians were legitimate targets because they were military. However they were in an embassy at the time. I imagine you'd be outraged if Netanyahu and his chums were assassinated whilst visiting the British embassy in Jordan.

Honestly mate, you cannot understate just how serious this escalation is and how

how do you know what Iran were targeting?

The only target that got hit was a military base. Suggests that military bases were targets not civilians.

Would Israel contemplate using nukes? Iran is not allied with anyone who has them, it’s not like the Ukraine Russia war, Netanyahu is just mad enough to drop one if he thinks it would work isn’t he?

I'm sure Iran expected a much more effective result than the one they achieved - the only real one being some slight damage to the Nevatim air base airbase in the Negev - with some injuries to some personnel there - also shrapnel damage to a nine year old girl in Central Isreal

According to news sources Iran launched 185 drones, 110 ballistic missiles and 36 cruise missiles at Isreal and the US shot down 85 drones and 3 balistic missiles over Iraq/Eastern Syris.

Anyone expecting Isreal to turn the other cheek after a strike that size is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Has to be said I’m not convinced by the balistic numbers yet. Will give it some time for things to level off number wise.

From a quick google Israel has 26 arrow interceptors to take down ballistic missiles. If they did fire 110 I’d have expected a lot more hits. Unless the US managed to take down loads.

Would Israel contemplate using nukes? Iran is not allied with anyone who has them, it’s not like the Ukraine Russia war, Netanyahu is just mad enough to drop one if he thinks it would work isn’t he?

I don’t see it, the US would reign them in if it got to that. They have the capability to do some damage on Iran with conventional weapons far superior to what the Iranians have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.