Ireland - City til he dies?

80s Shorts said:
black mamba said:
A great signing for Donny if it happens , Ireland is still only 26 , and is a good player .... sad to think he's fallen to Championship level though , he had the talent to have been so much more.

Actually he didn't or he would have.

Self evident really.

Well he joined a club who have struggled since his arrival , but he was still their player of the year in 2012 , and in between he went out on loan to Newcastle , who again were struggling ...... he has also had some bad luck with injuries ....... i still believe that he is a good player ,and if he has signed for Doncaster it is a 'coup' for them ... there will be few better footballers in the Championship than Stephen Ireland.

Blue2112 said:
About an hour ago on the transfer forum I said it wasn't definite that the Arsenal rumour about Stephen was true, however I can now confirm that it is and i'll also throw into the ring that Liverpool have also enquired (that much I knew 2 weeks ago) and will outbid Arsenal if it went to a bidding war.

Stephen is obviously flattered that two big clubs are interested in him but reiterates that he wants to stay here for the rest of his career, infact City til I die were the words he used.

What City need to do is get there act together and nail Stephen down to this club for the long term future, give him the contract his performances warrant, we're talking about our player of the season here not a fucking squad player or a kid coming through. He's City for life, he's worked his bollocks off to improve himself and its not gone unnoticed by two of the Premierships biggest clubs so its about fucking time City did something about it.

Over to you Blues....

Well in fairness back then some people thought the fruit loop was the new pele/maradona/ronaldo/god/jesus

McFcMiKe7 said:
I'm sure he is a United fan.[/quote

Just because his surname is Ireland doesn't necessarily mean he is a rag! If someone was called John Cockney or Billy Surrey or Dave Dorset or Jack Singapore (you see what I'm doing here?) that also doesn't mean they are rags

(although you would be right to be suspicious)

OABAAB said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
I'm sure he is a United fan.[/quote

Just because his surname is Ireland doesn't necessarily mean he is a rag! If someone was called John Cockney or Billy Surrey or Dave Dorset or Jack Singapore (you see what I'm doing here?) that also doesn't mean they are rags

(although you would be right to be suspicious)

He has admitted he was a rag growing up, and said something a year ago about his support for them.

McFcMiKe7 said:
I'm sure he is a United fan.
He is.

Before the Munich Anniversary derby there was a little section of the pre-match build up on him where he spoke about Cantona and Keane being his idols when he was growing up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.