Ireland - City til he dies?

i have to admit last season i doubted his ability i never said i wanted him out of the club altogether though, just didnt want he starting. how stupid do i feel now lol but im glad he is hitting this form and proving to me along with a lot of others that we were wrong.
plus from the posts in this thread he sounds like he genuinely wants to play for not just for city but for the fans aswell he definitely deserves to be one of the higher earners, see if the stories are to be believed that sturridge wants £60k then thats stupid because he hasnt done anything to warrant that amount yet and if he pushed himself to be better and better then he would be rewarded with a pay rise in the future. Whereas stevie has done this by being our best player on many occasions this season and therefore he should be rewarded.

berger1985 said:
I was told that last time his contract changed, he went from getting 3k a week to 15k a week!

He should be on more than Richards and Johnson put together.

Outstanding performances week after week from Superman.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I will lose all respect for Hughes if he does not sort Ireland's contract out and he ends up at Arsenal or Liverpool.

would contract talks be between hughes and stevies agent or would it be cook or someone from adug? not really sure how the whole thing works, has stevies agent been pushing for talks?

I cannot see a single positive in selling Ireland. He's one of the few players the fans can relate to BUT we do need to see more of his pants please.

To think back to all the verbal abuse he used to receive from small minded, ignorant fuckwits. It angered me then and looking back on it now it angers me even more. Those 'fans' could have destroyed Ireland, and we could have never seen the real Stevie if they had their way. It's a credit to him and his character that he is the player he is now, and all the morons have to eat their words!

He is a credit to our club.

Last season was a nightmare for Ireland off the field and it showed on the field with a mixed bag of quailty to madness. His form was all over the place due to the media fuckers who wanted to have there say on Stevie. At such a young age it is hard for the lad to deal with all the shit they brought up about his personal life no wonder his head was all over the place you can deal with people who slate how you play but not off the pitch.

Thankfully Stevie has gotten over the madness of the last year and has come back a much stronger player who wants to be doing what he is doing. He is a joy to watch he is begining to show some leadership in the midfield if you look at him he is always looking for the ball and wants it all the time. If he talks more on the field I would say he would be the next Man City Captain in the next few years he will take over from Dunne.

Regarding a new contract of course he deserves it more than anyone else. He should be up there with the top earners as he is playing up to that standard. It shocked me that Johnson was given a new contract earlier this season as I dont think he deserved one. On the other hand we have Ireland giving it his all and you would hope that he will be sorted out. Will Hughes give him a new contract if you were to read what Hughes saud about Sturridge why the club left it so long to sort him out a new contract then yes he will get a new contract sooner rather than later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.