Ireland is the player we need at this club.

de niro said:
Robbo. said:
*I know theres another thread on this but it needs to be known.*

He’s passionate about the club

The desire he shows in training

He will show his quality with better players

His attitude is bang on the money.

Please Manchester City keep hold of this man and use him this season, give him the same love you show Tevez he’s as good as any player we have and the cost of keeping him is minimal.

This link shows how much he wants to put on the city shirt and stay with the club that we all love.

you are spot on, i think its important we retain at least some home grown players in the squad, this lad deserves to get something out of all the years he's put in whilst we've been shit.

Disagree,

I want to win something and his place could be occupied by a world class player instead, Ireland has been so poor for the past 12 months and should be let go.

Realistically,Ireland's had one good season for City when Sven was manager.

Sure,he can play-but the best players do it week in,week out.
They're also felxible and able to play in different positions when needed.
If Ireland doesn't play in his favourite "behind the front two" then he's effectively lost.

I often wonder would there be such a clamour for his inclusion if he'd been bought in,rather than being an academy player?

No doubt a good player on his day-but a percentage of "City myth" also.

OhDannyBoy said:
uwerosler28 said:
In fact quite the oppisite is true one good season when being played exactly how and where he wanted does not make a top class premier leaguer player he has been with us 4-5 seasons now and had one good year thats not good enough or consistant enough to guarantee a place in our squad i am afraid

Where were you the previous seasons when Ireland was learning his trade? He was getting better season after season. And the goals/assists back that statement up. I dont know how 'good' some of our fans think we are, but we aint there yet. And to get there we need players who WANT to play for this club, not just another payday. If he comes good again this season you are going to be one of them who jump back on the bandwagon. Too fast to rule a very good player out.

Players go backwards though and this is the case with Ireland imo.

OhDannyBoy said:
uwerosler28 said:
In fact quite the oppisite is true one good season when being played exactly how and where he wanted does not make a top class premier leaguer player he has been with us 4-5 seasons now and had one good year thats not good enough or consistant enough to guarantee a place in our squad i am afraid

Where were you the previous seasons when Ireland was learning his trade? He was getting better season after season. And the goals/assists back that statement up. I dont know how 'good' some of our fans think we are, but we aint there yet. And to get there we need players who WANT to play for this club, not just another payday. If he comes good again this season you are going to be one of them who jump back on the bandwagon. Too fast to rule a very good player out.

If you remember correctly ireland was that poor even under the shite pearce was producing the croud would graon when he was playing instead of bloody reyna the guy has had one good season before that he was the boo boy because he just couldt cut it , willo flood was getting games before him and now last season he was back to that level ireland has has one good season in 5 and thats not good enough this is the guys last chance

[/quote]You suprise me.[/quote]

I just don't suffer fools m8..... Maybe I'm completely wrong about the kid, but I'm normally a good judge of character...... He'll simply go down in my eyes as wasted talent..... And all this I want to stay tripe, he wanted out last season, through his toys out the pram because he wanted it his way or he was ofski, realisation is the mother of all fuck ups, no club in the prem would match what he is on, if it's about the football move on cos he won't break into this team, let's see where his desire For the game is then.

what concerns me is the direction he's headed. I could forget about last season like a shot if I felt he was moving in the right direction. i don't want him to say the right things, talk is cheap and unfortunately I think he's done far too much of it. it's just that he seems completely intent on becoming an old style number ten, someone who is just there to create with flicks and tricks. he's good, but he's almost certainly not good enough to do that at the highest level. very few teams use a static number ten anyway. silva will not be static, he will be running at players on the flanks and in the centre.

IMO Ireland has to be working on becoming a proper midfielder, keeping the ball and influencing the play more progressively, and using his stamina, acceleration and reactions to break up play. but every time I see him, it's all flicks and attempted killer passes. when it works it looks fabulous, but he's not becoming the balanced player I hoped he would.

I think Ireland is a good player, he is vastly over rated by many, but thats just my opinion, and although there is no room for sentiment in football anymore, I would like us to keep some of our home grown, and imo, Ireland is good enough for the squad, he isn't however good enough for our starting line up, people that think he is our Lampard or Gerrard are wrong imo, he goes missing against the better teams (always has), but with injuries and suspensions inevitable he will be good cover. For me Ned, is the home grown who should be shown the door first.

Ireland should be given one last season to show his worth. We've nothing to lose in keeping him here one more year and he's nothing to lose by staying one more year.

If he's not shown any signs of improvement by this time next year then we can think about selling him but as things stand it's to both City's and Ireland's benefit to give it one more season.

when a player says he cant adapt to certain formations should he really be playing football?

i like ireland as a player and could be so much better but he seems not to want to help himself,quieting R.O.I were he could of gained a vast amount of experience i think maybe his biggest mistake.

time will tell on this lad whether he ends up a wasted talent or a class footballer but it is only up to him and nothing or nobody else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.