Ireland is the player we need at this club.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
disagree, we have everything to lose, including millions on his value and the wages hes paid, I don't buy into this notion it's only money, we can afford it, we are a business and the correct business decision is to buy whilst he's at his premium, he wont play enough next year for his stock to rise, sad but true. Laters stevie thanks for the happy memories (which can be counted on one hand)

I just think he deserves a 2nd chance and we're in the position to be able to afford it. It isn't, perhaps, great business sense but it might just pay dividends in the long term.

However, if he doesn't want to be here and he doesn't want to fight for us then he should be the 1st out but I'm not sure that's the case.

he will stay alright, literally thousands of reasons why he wont leave..... I think your right in that we can afford the gamble but personal opinion is he will be a let down. I just can't stand wasted talent in any walk of life, it rubs me up the wrong way.

TheMightyQuinn said:
I just think he deserves a 2nd chance and we're in the position to be able to afford it. It isn't, perhaps, great business sense but it might just pay dividends in the long term.

However, if he doesn't want to be here and he doesn't want to fight for us then he should be the 1st out but I'm not sure that's the case.

he will stay alright, literally thousands of reasons why he wont leave..... I think your right in that we can afford the gamble but personal opinion is he will be a let down. I just can't stand wasted talent in any walk of life, it rubs me up the wrong way.

I egotistically think of myself as a wasted talent so perhaps that's why we differ :)

pedigreeblue said:
I just don't suffer fools m8..... Maybe I'm completely wrong about the kid, but I'm normally a good judge of character...... He'll simply go down in my eyes as wasted talent..... And all this I want to stay tripe, he wanted out last season, through his toys out the pram because he wanted it his way or he was ofski, realisation is the mother of all fuck ups, no club in the prem would match what he is on, if it's about the football move on cos he won't break into this team, let's see where his desire For the game is then.

What exactly do you base your judgement that he 'threw his toys out of the pram', and wanted out..is it your normal good judge of character or the papers you read !!??

this is a fact pal, sure his close friends on here will back it up[/quote]
Your fact is based on what Stevies 'close friends' on this forum have said !!!??[/quote]

I know exactly what went on behnd the scenes with him as I'm in a position to know, the people who posted about his tantrum, but obviously in a pro-stevie light would never have known without being close to the lad himself, now let's leave it at that, take down your stevie wallpaper and strip the quilt and replace with mr silva.

I'm starting to lose faith in him, his attitude was not good yesterday, many times it seemed like he rolled his eyes and put his arm out in the air when he did a mistake, or a player failed with a passing to him. Didn't see to interested and had a overall bad team, with the rest.

pedigreeblue said:
What exactly do you base your judgement that he 'threw his toys out of the pram', and wanted out..is it your normal good judge of character or the papers you read !!??

this is a fact pal, sure his close friends on here will back it up
Your fact is based on what Stevies 'close friends' on this forum have said !!!??[/quote]

I know exactly what went on behnd the scenes with him as I'm in a position to know, the people who posted about his tantrum, but obviously in a pro-stevie light would never have known without being close to the lad himself, now let's leave it at that, take down your stevie wallpaper and strip the quilt and replace with mr silva.[/quote]

I wish peeps could explain how exactly they are in a position to know what goes on behind the scenes..your not his wife are you. If i don't see it with my own eyes or hear it with my own ears i don't call judgement..

I wouldnt be too bothered about last nights match a warm up. As for Stevie we do need to hold onto some of our younger players who know what the club is about. I feel if we get rid it would be a bad move. He has the talent and has shown with better players around him just how good he can be. 2 seasons ago with players like Elano , Robhino and M Johnson around him in midfield all those players could pick out the runs he was making and it showcased just how good he was 13 goals from midfield that year thats some going.
Look at Gerrard and Lampard and compare them to Ireland at his age and there is fuck all between them at there age. He will only get better with playing with better players. I will be pissed to see Ireland leave when we have Vieira still at the club and some other under preforming players. Stevie still has time on his hands look at our other midfield players Barry needs to sort his form out he is the main 1 who will miss out with the YAYA signing as for who will be paired with Yaya it is up for grabs and like the last time he was writen off he came back stronger than before.
With the new signing of Silva I wouldnt expect big things from him straight away he and the other new signings need time to get used to the English game. So we need the experience from Ireland , SWP , Bellers and even Richards as we go forward. Mancini must know who he wants and not and in the coming weeks we will see more changes.

Robbo. said:
*I know theres another thread on this but it needs to be known.*

He’s passionate about the club

The desire he shows in training

He will show his quality with better players

His attitude is bang on the money.

Please Manchester City keep hold of this man and use him this season, give him the same love you show Tevez he’s as good as any player we have and the cost of keeping him is minimal.

This link shows how much he wants to put on the city shirt and stay with the club that we all love.

He is a staunt United fan he earns £60K a week and had a great season playing along Elano. Since Elano left he has been the same player he was before his great season fucking shit. My car is out the garage and ready to drive him to any club in the land.

he's not good enough for us anymore. simple as that. he's a sunderland / fulham / everton, at best, type player. he's going to move on, and as soon as he scores a goal, there'll be people on here crying "look, he scored. told you we should never have sold him." as if no other players ever score goals ever.
as far as i could tell from watching the game, he played, for the most part, in the creative midzone role and created zip. fact is, he's nothing more than a good player and we're now in the business for great players.

He had a good goal scoring season then was afraid to shoot last season.

Even his opening day blackburn goal was a result of his reluctance to shoot.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Stephen Ireland is a football genius. All he needs is a little bit of nurturing and he has the potential to be one of the best players the premier league or the world has ever seen.

I mean every bit of that hand on heart, I believe in superman. Just waiting for the sequel, Superman Returns............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.