Ireland is the player we need at this club.

leewill31 said:
when a player says he cant adapt to certain formations should he really be playing football?

Horses for courses in my opinion.

Forlan couldn't adapt to a national league yet is a world beater in other competitions.

Ireland can't adapt to an individual position/formation. In the right position he could be a world beater.

You suprise me.[/quote]

I just don't suffer fools m8..... Maybe I'm completely wrong about the kid, but I'm normally a good judge of character...... He'll simply go down in my eyes as wasted talent..... And all this I want to stay tripe, he wanted out last season, through his toys out the pram because he wanted it his way or he was ofski, realisation is the mother of all fuck ups, no club in the prem would match what he is on, if it's about the football move on cos he won't break into this team, let's see where his desire For the game is then.[/quote]

You proberbly know more about him than most in things you may pick up. I just hate seeing the young lads dissapear with out a fight and Ireland came accross as if he wanted this more than anything. But like you said it could be just a case of well im getting paid shit loads and i dont want to go anywhere.

You suprise me.[/quote]

I just don't suffer fools m8..... Maybe I'm completely wrong about the kid, but I'm normally a good judge of character...... He'll simply go down in my eyes as wasted talent..... And all this I want to stay tripe, he wanted out last season, through his toys out the pram because he wanted it his way or he was ofski, realisation is the mother of all fuck ups, no club in the prem would match what he is on, if it's about the football move on cos he won't break into this team, let's see where his desire For the game is then.[/quote]

What exactly do you base your judgement that he 'threw his toys out of the pram', and wanted out..is it your normal good judge of character or the papers you read !!??

TheMightyQuinn said:
Ireland should be given one last season to show his worth. We've nothing to lose in keeping him here one more year and he's nothing to lose by staying one more year.

If he's not shown any signs of improvement by this time next year then we can think about selling him but as things stand it's to both City's and Ireland's benefit to give it one more season.

disagree, we have everything to lose, including millions on his value and the wages hes paid, I don't buy into this notion it's only money, we can afford it, we are a business and the correct business decision is to buy whilst he's at his premium, he wont play enough next year for his stock to rise, sad but true. Laters stevie thanks for the happy memories (which can be counted on one hand)

My concern for the team this new season is that we have too many individuals rather than a TEAM. A team who have been brought in because of big money promises is not a team it is a bunch of mercaneries.

What I want for Manchester City is a team who play because they love the blue shirt and the TEAM.

Stevie Ireland, in my humble opinion, is one of those players who play for the blue shirt. If City (or Mancini really) lets him go they will make a big mistake. Stevie loves City.

*sits back and waits the backlash*

pedigreeblue said:
You suprise me.

What exactly do you base your judgement that he 'threw his toys out of the pram', and wanted out..is it your normal good judge of character or the papers you read !!??[/quote]

this is a fact pal, sure his close friends on here will back it up

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Ireland should be given one last season to show his worth. We've nothing to lose in keeping him here one more year and he's nothing to lose by staying one more year.

If he's not shown any signs of improvement by this time next year then we can think about selling him but as things stand it's to both City's and Ireland's benefit to give it one more season.

disagree, we have everything to lose, including millions on his value and the wages hes paid, I don't buy into this notion it's only money, we can afford it, we are a business and the correct business decision is to buy whilst he's at his premium, he wont play enough next year for his stock to rise, sad but true. Laters stevie thanks for the happy memories (which can be counted on one hand)

I just think he deserves a 2nd chance and we're in the position to be able to afford it. It isn't, perhaps, great business sense but it might just pay dividends in the long term.

However, if he doesn't want to be here and he doesn't want to fight for us then he should be the 1st out but I'm not sure that's the case.

I wonder if the people who slag off Ireland ever watch City? Last season he was disappointing but at times he was making some great runs off the ball that our other "midfielders" just couldn't pick out. With better players around him I think he will look at lot better.

We just keep him because
1, He is still learning (23yrs old, younger than Milner)
2, He has the potential to be a great player.
3, He actually cares about the club.

Personally I would prefer to take a slightly slower route to the top and win something with a team that actually cares and understands about the club than lots of imports.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
pedigreeblue said:
You suprise me.

I just don't suffer fools m8..... Maybe I'm completely wrong about the kid, but I'm normally a good judge of character...... He'll simply go down in my eyes as wasted talent..... And all this I want to stay tripe, he wanted out last season, through his toys out the pram because he wanted it his way or he was ofski, realisation is the mother of all fuck ups, no club in the prem would match what he is on, if it's about the football move on cos he won't break into this team, let's see where his desire For the game is then.

What exactly do you base your judgement that he 'threw his toys out of the pram', and wanted out..is it your normal good judge of character or the papers you read !!??[/quote]

this is a fact pal, sure his close friends on here will back it up[/quote]
Your fact is based on what Stevies 'close friends' on this forum have said !!!??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.