Ireland Leaving - Absolute Disaster

Didsbury Dave said:
I've just reread this thread after relaxing at home.

I did come across a bit nippy at times, in reality. Apologies to anyone I swore at or who was caught in the crossfire.

I had no sleep last night and was in the mood to go toe to toe to be honest. And I got on a bit of a roll ;)

It is an emotive issue for me in my defence. I am a big fan of Ireland as a player and I guess there's a lot of uncertainty around the club at the moment. In retrospect most people were agreeing, but I only had eyes for those who weren't.

So to those I offended.....

...you can all fuck right off (again) :)
epa2300l.jpg

No doubt hes quality, no way a one season wonder. PLEASE DONT LEAVE STEVIE, SHOW MANCINI WHAT YOU CAN DO!!

Well this thread proves anew that any topic involving Stevie Ireland = hundreds of posts and fierce debate!

For 2-3 years i was accused of being Ireland's brother, best mate, agent and even himself when i defended him week after week during his early days and especially under Sven and i took great delight in seeing him blossom last season.

But Ireland leaving would not be a an "absoloute disaster", i don't want him to leave as i still rate the lad but he wouldn't get in my side from now til the end of the season.

It's aload of bollocks to say he hasn't been played in his prefered posistion, he played off Adebayor against Liverpool and was awful and in the rest of the games where he has played in a central role he has been average apart from a few flashes of brilliance.

He is a very talented player but a very limited one. He can't play in a 4-4-2 and he can't play in a set posistion, his superb season last year was all based on him being in a free role, freed to go and join the attack whenever, can we really afford a to accomodate a player like that in a top side? Possibly but we only have one season out of 6 to judge him on.

It's sad to "hear" that he won't fight for his place and move on at the first oppourtunity but it is even sadder to use this forum to try and get the fans on his side and cause divisions between the fans and the current manager.

If he does go then he goes with my best wishes and i hope he succeeds, this club will get to the top with or without Stephen Ireland, i hope he stays but it's not even close to someone like Kinkladze leaving or even SWP, two players who i was devasted when they went.

Sheik Mansour, Khaldoon and ADUG leaving would be an absoloute disaster, Stephen Ireland wouldn't, lets get back to realism here.

it was definitely the right time for a 60 page thread on this issue anyway.

I imagine you hate the use of equations in lieu of grammar and syntax, but I assure you, heartfelt and unintentionally a bit funny = win.

did you see 'in the loop'? the movie spin off from the thick of it? funniest moment... when it's revealed malcolm tucker has an even more evil doppelgänger, who he unleashes when he really wants to draw blood....the attack dog's attack dog. that's who you reminded me of today..... that guy, and several ex-girlfriends... in those days right at the end of the relationship where one or both of you are looking for arguments in the hope it provides the impetus to end it and the reason for doing so.

Immaculate Pasta said:
For 2-3 years i was accused of being Ireland's brother, best mate, agent and even himself when i defended him week after week during his early days and especially under Sven and i took great delight in seeing him blossom last season.

But Ireland leaving would not be a an "absoloute disaster", i don't want him to leave as i still rate the lad but he wouldn't get in my side from now til the end of the season.

It's aload of bollocks to say he hasn't been played in his prefered posistion, he played off Adebayor against Liverpool and was awful and in the rest of the games where he has played in a central role he has been average apart from a few flashes of brilliance.

He is a very talented player but a very limited one. He can't play in a 4-4-2 and he can't play in a set posistion, his superb season last year was all based on him being in a free role, freed to go and join the attack whenever, can we really afford a to accomodate a player like that in a top side? Possibly but we only have one season out of 6 to judge him on.

It's sad to "hear" that he won't fight for his place and move on at the first oppourtunity but it is even sadder to use this forum to try and get the fans on his side and cause divisions between the fans and the current manager.

If he does go then he goes with my best wishes and i hope he succeeds, this club will get to the top with or without Stephen Ireland, i hope he stays but it's not even close to someone like Kinkladze leaving or even SWP, two players who i was devasted when they went.

Sheik Mansour, Khaldoon and ADUG leaving would be an absoloute disaster, Stephen Ireland wouldn't, lets get back to realism here.

This, this and more this

If Ireland goes, we'll still be here.
i'm over it before its happened.

Re: Ireland Leaving - Absolutely Disaster

KentBlue said:
If he ever did leave I doubt he'd go to the rags. They couldn't afford him, for one thing. And he knows exactly how we'd all feel about it if he did.

Relax. I think he'll be here next season. He's City through and through.

Unfortunately money talks and loyalty is out the window. If he was offered a contract at any of the "big 4" then he wouldn't be "City through and through"

Hope I'm wrong - top player.

Immaculate Pasta said:

Exactly how i see this. If he goes, then so be it, he has hardly played well this season has he, and there is much better out there. Like you said, i wish him all the best and hope he succeeds in the game.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Sheik Mansour, Khaldoon and ADUG leaving would be an absolute disaster, Stephen Ireland wouldn't, lets get back to realism here.

We had to wait an awfully long time but at last someone has put Didsbury's hysterical OP into perspective.

robbieh said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Sheik Mansour, Khaldoon and ADUG leaving would be an absolute disaster, Stephen Ireland wouldn't, lets get back to realism here.

We had to wait an awfully long time but at last someone has put Didsbury's hysterical OP into perspective.
*common sense alert*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.