Ireland Leaving - Absolute Disaster

If we weren't getting results I think criticisms of team selection and the non selection of Ireland in particular would be more valid.

But we are getting good results, and at a guess they are much better when Ireland doesn't start than when he does.

Stevie has always been one of those players that has to feel loved, with changing managers he will find it harder than many to stay consistent. The lad is class, as someone said many players can do it in the odd game but Stevie was consistently superb for a season, so whats changed, managers, team formation or simply not a lengthy run in the team, none of us know but dont let him go we need to keep creativity in our squad and thats something he has in abundance.

moomba said:
If we weren't getting results I think criticisms of team selection and the non selection of Ireland in particular would be more valid.

But we are getting good results, and at a guess they are much better when Ireland doesn't start than when he does.

Actually, our results have been generally very good this season, whether Ireland has played or not, that's why we are where we are in the league and still the hardest team to beat. Credit to Hughes and to Mancini for bringing us to this point...

However, I don't think that any criticism of the team, management, coaching staff, should be confined to when things are going badly. I feel Viera over Ireland is a mistake Mancini is making, and one which for whatever it's marginal short term value, could have a deeper negative impact on the club long term...again, just my opinion.

BillyShears said:
moomba said:

Actually, our results have been generally very good this season, whether Ireland has played or not, that's why we are where we are in the league and still the hardest team to beat. Credit to Hughes and to Mancini for bringing us to this point...

However, I don't think that any criticism of the team, management, coaching staff, should be confined to when things are going badly. I feel Viera over Ireland is a mistake Mancini is making, and one which for whatever it's marginal short term value, could have a deeper negative impact on the club long term...again, just my opinion.

Not if we get 4th!!!

Cant gamble anymore by giving people a run to perform they have to perform straight away they get the chance!!!

His record for Ireland the team was great for a young kid back then 6 games he played and he scored 4 goals I would love to see him back in a green shirt again. Rumours were rife over here 2 weeks ago that he wants to talk to the under age coach over here about getting back into the squad but I feel it was bullshit just filling up the papers as usually.

BillyShears said:
moomba said:

Billy, if Vieira's presence in the side gets us Top 4, and I actually think it can in a 4 4 2 like Sunday, then that could not possibly be labelled as "marginal short-term value".

I'd say it would be the "fucking jackpot".

Must be absolute murder to have a friend playing for City. In common with most supporters, we're not shy in coming forward when it comes to dishing out the stick. I hate hearing it directed at any City player, but to hear it directed at someone you know personally and who you know loves the club must be doubley difficult. That said, Stevie Ireland is a wonderfully gifted footballer earning the type of money that most on here could only dream of, and if the worst comes to the worst for him, he gets a big money move and the chance to work with Wenger or Ferguson. My heart bleeds. As for City. I'm pretty sure that if Mancini lets him go, we'll replace him with someone who, in the opinion of the manager, is a better player (Sneijder would be my choice). That's football.

m27 said:
BillyShears said:

Billy, if Vieira's presence in the side gets us Top 4, and I actually think it can in a 4 4 2 like Sunday, then that could not possibly be labelled as "marginal short-term value".

As I keep saying...it's all about opinions mate. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Viera did well and had his best game against Fulham. Every single one of our midfield players has had one or two good games this season. Lets see Viera keep the shirt on merit rather than on reputation. That will impress me...

BillyShears said:
m27 said:

As I keep saying...it's all about opinions mate. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Viera did well and had his best game against Fulham. Every single one of our midfield players has had one or two good games this season. Lets see Viera keep the shirt on merit rather than on reputation. That will impress me...

That's fair comment. The thing with Sunday though was that Barry actually looked a lot better next to Vieira in that system. Vieira also offers that height in the middle we do lack.

One thing I will say though, I definitely would play him over Zab in a three.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.