Ireland Leaving - Absolute Disaster

m27 said:
BillyShears said:
As I keep saying...it's all about opinions mate. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Viera did well and had his best game against Fulham. Every single one of our midfield players has had one or two good games this season. Lets see Viera keep the shirt on merit rather than on reputation. That will impress me...

That's fair comment. The thing with Sunday though was that Barry actually looked a lot better next to Vieira in that system. Vieira also offers that height in the middle we do lack.

One thing I will say though, I definitely would play him over Zab in a three.

I agree Barry looked better with Viera next to him. But I think Ireland would excel playing alongside Viera. But first he has to be given a chance to do that...

Tomorrow night's team selection will be very interesting...

BillyShears said:
I agree Barry looked better with Viera next to him. But I think Ireland would excel playing alongside Viera. But first he has to be given a chance to do that...

If he's patient and keeps working hard he will get his chance.

The Fat el Hombre said:
BillyShears said:

We'll know after tomorrow won't we...;- )

BillyShears said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Vieira is getting into the team instead of Stevie because he's a completely different player with completely different attributes that allow us to get the best out of Tevez and Bellamy and co

If bringing Vieira in on a short term contract helps us to get 4th it will be a hugely positive move for the club

What are the attributes other than experience which Viera brings to the team which the team itself doesn't already have...?

Experience at the business end of the team is massively important.

When Ireland has played in a CL final, had enormous CL experience, Won PL titles, gone through an entire aseason undefeated come back to us.

While we are on it, what have the Romans ever done for us....

Paulmcfc2703 said:
BillyShears said:
Does Viera bring a defensive presence that was lacking before,
No
does he bring experience the team was lacking,
Yes
does he bring a passing ability which was lacking before?
Yes

Is he painfully slow?
Yes
Is it like watching a geriatric stumbling round the park?
Yes
Does he consistently get mugged by the likes of Etuhu and Whelan?
Yes

Passing ability-wise, I just can't agree. I'll grant you that he came on against Sunderland and did well, but he's not just lost it downstairs, he's lost it upstairs as well. He bangs on about his football brain still being quick, but his decision-making has been poor since he's come in. Plus his touch is awful. He's lucky that he's not been involved against better teams that Stoke, Sunderland and Fulham, because against Spurs and Villa he's going to get found out.

There is no way in hell that Vieira should be getting in ahead of Ireland.

The Fat el Hombre said:
BillyShears said:

I agree with this but think his chance probably won't come till next season unless we lose a few and end up having to go for broke in matches towards the end of the season. Mancini seems to be pretty clear in his mind that he wants a more solid looking central midfield and that that will get us our short term goal of 4th. I would like to think Ireland would stick around at least until next Jan to see how things pan out, unless the manager makes it explicitly clear that he will not be in his plans at all in the future.

Lancet Fluke said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

I agree with this but think his chance probably won't come till next season unless we lose a few and end up having to go for broke in matches towards the end of the season. Mancini seems to be pretty clear in his mind that he wants a more solid looking central midfield and that that will get us our short term goal of 4th. I would like to think Ireland would stick around at least until next Jan to see how things pan out, unless the manager makes it explicitly clear that he will not be in his plans at all in the future.

I know exactly the point your making and your guess is as good as mine, but I'd expect injuries and suspensions before the end of the season will result in Ireland getting his chance(s)

Agree about him staying til at least Jan next year as well. Mancini's only been here 3 months and Ireland already wants to jump ship? Seems he's jumping the gun to me

Owain said:

Is he painfully slow?
Yes
Is it like watching a geriatric stumbling round the park?
Yes
Does he consistently get mugged by the likes of Etuhu and Whelan?
Yes

Passing ability-wise, I just can't agree. I'll grant you that he came on against Sunderland and did well, but he's not just lost it downstairs, he's lost it upstairs as well. He bangs on about his football brain still being quick, but his decision-making has been poor since he's come in. Plus his touch is awful. He's lucky that he's not been involved against better teams that Stoke, Sunderland and Fulham, because against Spurs and Villa he's going to get found out.

There is no way in hell that Vieira should be getting in ahead of Ireland.
To be honest i would rather see 'a geriatric stumpling round a park' than look around the pitch to see if Ireland is still on.

As the passing goes, it was asked is he an improvement to what we had before. We have Ireland who goes missing that much i think the players forget that he is on the pitch, De Jong who cant pass a ball forward if his life depended on it and Barry. So yes he does improve us.

Lets all hope that no friends of Nedum, SWP, Micah come on Bluemoon and tell us they are thinking of leaving.

We could be here all day and night.

We might just have to get used to the fact that the much vaunted academy has while providing many useful players has yet to provide us with an absolute top class premier league player.

It will be interesting to see Arteta tomorrow as we are talking about midfield players.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Lancet Fluke said:

I know exactly the point your making and your guess is as good as mine, but I'd expect injuries and suspensions before the end of the season will result in Ireland getting his chance(s)

Agree about him staying til at least Jan next year as well. Mancini's only been here 3 months and Ireland already wants to jump ship? Seems he's jumping the gun to me

I don't think Stevie will start another game this season...

In the summer IF he chooses to leave for United or Arsenal then he won't have jumped any gun, he'll be leaving because he will know he won't be getting much game time next season...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.