Ireland slams door shut on international return

I actually feel a bit sorry for the Irish supporters on this one as he must be the type of player that the fans are crying out to see in a team devoid of any real talent ( bar Keane).

However saying that I'm obviously delighted he won't get injured on intl duty (Has probably ruined Petrov's City career) and with me being Half Italian it gives us a chance of winning that group..

Watching Stevie play, brings back alot of great memories of watching Baggio for Juventus and Italy they are both exceptionally clever players in front of goal - second goal at Blackburn was straight out of the baggio handbook :-)

yeah i think theres alot more too this than is actually revealed!

i feel sorry for ireland in it all! im sure he wants to play for his country, but must feel he cant now or is uncomfortable in the squad! i just hope he recaptures his form for us, because he hasnt been his self the last couple of games!

Good decision Superman I believe. More chance of him getting injured. Concentrate on being our best player again! "IRELAND IS SUPERMAN, IRELAND IS SUPERMAN"

Well knowing Stephen Ireland i suppose it's unsuprising that he maintains this stance with the international side .... who really knows the way he thinks ....... he seems totally happy at City and says he doesn't crave the international scene in any way ....... whther he'll still feel that way in years to come remains to be seen , but there's no doubt whatsoever that the Republic of Ireland are missing the best midfielder that they've got in this day and age ..... he scored four goals in only six games for them in 2006/2007 ......... a shame they couldn't work things out between them , but at least it's to Citys benefit.

I feel depressed that he won't play for us, We're like hull last season..
All these late winners, our bubble will burst soon and we will see how bad our squad is, if we don't top the group and we get a far away draw against a decent team... I fear we'll be out.

Ireland needs Ireland. :(

i dont want superman to go back to international , gives him more time to concentrate on improving , if he continues improving the way he is he will be one of the best around very soon.

azatheblue said:
i dont want superman to go back to international , gives him more time to concentrate on improving , if he continues improving the way he is he will be one of the best around very soon.
Correct. I'd be delighted if none of our players palyed for their countries. I want them at their freshest and fittest for us. Yes; it is selfish, but all I care about is that our players give their best for us, not for England, Ireland, Wales, Brazil, Argentina, Togo etc etc.

nu774ll said:
whats your problem dw7?? all you seem to be doing is defending C*nt slagging of City fans and saying Ireland is a liar? a Man City forum aint the best place to do either...

i think a few people have picked me up wrong firstly i couldnt give a shit weather si goes back actualy his preformance for city since he left ireland have improved a hell of a lot so maybe its better if he did stay away.

secondly if he had of just came out and told the truth why he was leaving in the first place there probaly wouldnt be this media circus everytime there is an internaional match on. and im getting slated cause im calling ireland a liar but are these people not calling him a liar aswell cause he's never said he was bullied just that he wants to concentrate on city and his family.

thirdly and its what i started this debate about is that bullying thing is just a rumour but a lot of people on here think its a 100% fact. if this story is true why didnt si just say thats the reason he's leavin. as someone previously said he'd probaly get more stick but he's getting an awful lot now anyway. if he did speak up it would of caused serious trouble for the people involved. and maybe stephen would of been looked up to more for confronting these bullies rather than walking away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.