ireland wants out (merged)

Didsbury Dave said:
Uwe's 80s mullet said:
'ireland leaving-absolute disaster'

wasnt that one of your threads?

Yes it was, and I stand by it.

The gist of it was that Ireland has several clubs interested and him leaving would be a disaster.

I'm now lead to believe that the club have told him they don't want to sell and that that is enough for him to stick around and fight for his place.

If that is the case, why are these stories hitting the press? Billy seems to think it could be the club, maybe it could be agents making mischief or a potential suitor stirring the waters.

I'm personally delighted by the information that he doesn't want to go.

Thats not what he apparently told a colleague of mine whilst they were boarding a flight back from Abu Dhabi earlier this year. Unless the said person was making it up (which I doubt knowing the person that he is) he isn't happy at City and doesn't seem to be able to take to Mancini.

Stevie has four years left on his deal at £80k a week.

I know he's daft as a brush, but you don't hand in a transfer request and kiss goodbye to a multi-million pound pay-off.

He is clearly unhappy, could be persuaded to stay, albeit, I think he might move on if the deal suits everybody concerned.

True_Blue69 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yes it was, and I stand by it.

The gist of it was that Ireland has several clubs interested and him leaving would be a disaster.

I'm now lead to believe that the club have told him they don't want to sell and that that is enough for him to stick around and fight for his place.

If that is the case, why are these stories hitting the press? Billy seems to think it could be the club, maybe it could be agents making mischief or a potential suitor stirring the waters.

I'm personally delighted by the information that he doesn't want to go.

Thats not what he apparently told a colleague of mine whilst they were boarding a flight back from Abu Dhabi earlier this year. Unless the said person was making it up (which I doubt knowing the person that he is) he isn't happy at City and doesn't seem to be able to take to Mancini.

apparently he didn't like Mark Hughes either, whats the common denominator

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Stevie has four years left on his deal at £80k a week.

I know he's daft as a brush, but you don't hand in a transfer request and kiss goodbye to a multi-million pound pay-off.

He is clearly unhappy, could be persuaded to stay, albeit, I think he might move on if the deal suits everybody concerned.

Ill be very very surprised if he stays, and if he does even more surprised if he establishes himself as a first choice player. A former City coach told me that his personality is questionable.

he hasnt put in a formal transfer request its a ''verbal request''. Now how the f**k can the Mirror confirm a verbal request unless Mancinis office is bugged. Its the media yet again trying to destabilise our club and we are all worse for buying into it.

Yes ireland was shit this year but why would he want to leave Man City. he knows if he shows his form he'll get his spot. We are looking for a creative midfielder and at the same time we are selling one '' according to the press''. Sorry doesnt make any sense to me. Ireland is unstabile at the best of times but city has been his only crutch since he was 14 years of age, hes on 90,000 a week in the city he loves and just has to put in a bit of effort in the preseason to nail down a spot.

I can see him going there

Defender Richard Dunne would welcome Stephen Ireland to Aston Villa if his time at Manchester City comes to an end.

The Republic of Ireland international made the same move last summer and amid speculation that Ireland could follow him to Villa Park, would be happy to see him do just that.

Speaking as he launched the Football Association of Ireland's Goal to Work programme in Kilinarden today, Dunne said: 'He had a bit of a stop and start season last year after the previous season, when he was unbelievable.

'I think Stephen would say himself that he wants to get more games and play more regularly, and if that's not at Manchester City, he would be more than welcome at Villa.

'Everyone in the Premier League knows on his day how good he can be, and he would be a great addition to any side.'

Skashion said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
I have a feeling he'll go to arsenal and be a huge hit.

I can see that too. I can imagine Wenger thinking he's natural replacement to Fabregas and I can also see Wenger getting the best out of him.

lool we have nasri, ramsey and willshere already and wenger has the option to buy who ever he wants and you think he's gonna get Ireland when Gourcuff is available....omg you guys really overrate this boy

kiiiki said:
Skashion said:
I can see that too. I can imagine Wenger thinking he's natural replacement to Fabregas and I can also see Wenger getting the best out of him.

lool we have nasri, ramsey and willshere already and wenger has the option to buy who ever he wants and you think he's gonna get Ireland when Gourcuff is available....omg you guys really overrate this boy

You clearly know very little about what your manager wants. To begin with, Gourcuff was bought for around 15 million euros by Bordeaux and is on a very big contract. He's been valued this summer at around 30 million euros. Ask yourself, can you see Arsene Wenger paying that much money for anyone? Well, you already know the answer to that.

Next, to the question of Ireland. Do you know that it is fact, that last January Wenger made a firm enquiry as to his availability.

kiiiki said:
Skashion said:

Yeah he is overrated by most people on here

But you are a deluded fool. Where did all that money we gave you last year go???? Ramsey is out for another season, nasri gets injured more than a 90 year old man, wilshere is english so has no chance of playing first team. All your money goes on your debt. I think you will find yourselves looking up at us by end of next season you fucking tool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.