Ireland

TheMightyQuinn said:
Soulboy said:
Eeh, I remember the good old days when people were lining upon here to accuse Elano, Robinho, Jo and Petrov of being "lazy" and we couldn't get enough of it!

The dream is to have 11 hard working grafters mate. Just picture the scene...no vision, no skill, no finishing just 11 men running and sweating and working hard for each other. We'd be 7th in Division 1 and the world would be a great place to be.

Pisses me off when pricks like Robinho score or Adebayor with his great attacking play. It's all lost on me, I just want to see men running and sweating and trying hard. I'd rather have 11 brick layers who sweat then 11 world class players who might have the cheek to smile or stop running at some point.

Either that or most people have no knowledge of modern football.

Unfortunately the mentality of Hughes and Pearce with their "put in a shift" performance measure approach to football has seeped into the subconscious of too many City fans nowadays.

My heroes from the past were always the flair players... Nelly, Marsh, Gio, Robinho... and we were proud that this sort of player represneted us... now we want a team of Robbie fuckin' Savages!

There must be a balance somewhere?

Soulboy said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
The dream is to have 11 hard working grafters mate. Just picture the scene...no vision, no skill, no finishing just 11 men running and sweating and working hard for each other. We'd be 7th in Division 1 and the world would be a great place to be.

Pisses me off when pricks like Robinho score or Adebayor with his great attacking play. It's all lost on me, I just want to see men running and sweating and trying hard. I'd rather have 11 brick layers who sweat then 11 world class players who might have the cheek to smile or stop running at some point.

Unfortunately the mentality of Hughes and Pearce with their "put in a shift" performance measure approach to football has seeped into the subconscious of too many City fans nowadays.

My heroes from the past were always the flair players... Nelly, Marsh, Gio, Robinho... and we were proud that this sort of player represneted us... now we want a team of Robbie fuckin' Savages!

There is a balance. Balance is essential. Look at the rags and Chelsea, they've managed to mix the hard workers with the flair players and reaped the rewards.

Like you, I enjoy the flair players too. It's already been noted that the majority on here hate 'negative' or 'boring' football (ie they prefer 3-3 draws to boring 1-0 wins) yet they also hate players who can play so fuck knows what they actually want.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but one must remember that most people are morons. Look at rags and Giggs. Every other week since the guys been 16 they've been calling for his head, same with Ferguson. Some people are just thick as pig shit you just try to pretend that blues are somehow better but we're not, sadly.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Soulboy said:
Eeh, I remember the good old days when people were lining upon here to accuse Elano, Robinho, Jo and Petrov of being "lazy" and we couldn't get enough of it!

thats right TMQ... a balance is just unthinkable... give me 11 adebayors and elanos ey.. im sure thats a title winning team...

hallo this is lex luthor:::: I have just removed the kryptonite from supermans shoes, so
no he have his superpowers back !!

FEEDHIMGARY said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

thats right TMQ... a balance is just unthinkable... give me 11 adebayors and elanos ey.. im sure thats a title winning team...

No, that team would be as shit as a team full of Bellamy's and Tevez's.

I personally think Mancini will find the perfect balance if he's given half the time and a fraction of the money that Hughes was.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Soulboy said:

There is a balance. Balance is essential. Look at the rags and Chelsea, they've managed to mix the hard workers with the flair players and reaped the rewards.

Like you, I enjoy the flair players too. It's already been noted that the majority on here hate 'negative' or 'boring' football (ie they prefer 3-3 draws to boring 1-0 wins) yet they also hate players who can play so fuck knows what they actually want.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but one must remember that most people are morons. Look at rags and Giggs. Every other week since the guys been 16 they've been calling for his head, same with Ferguson. Some people are just thick as pig shit you just try to pretend that blues are somehow better but we're not, sadly.

Flair players can work hard as well. Look at Ireland last year.
It is not "thick as pig shit" to sometimes demand more from certain players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.