Ireland!!!

Always said that Stevie Ireland is the future of the club. Stick by it. His performances this season have not been bad, they have been mysterious. He doesn't seem to get into tackling mode, he could rattle in a goal from anywhere in the penalty area, his passing was consistently the best in the club. Looked at him last night and for the short time he was on seemed to have upped it a touch, but he never seems to want the ball these days. Last season he would have taken it anywhere and gone forward. Scratching my head.

FFS people, Ireland has been playing awful since he got taken off early in the season and was rushed to hospital. I remember quotes from him at the time saying how he thought he was going to die on the pitch!

Subsiquently the medical problem has never been diagnosed so for all he knows it could happen again at any time during any game. He must be shit scared whenever he walks onto the pitch.

Personally I think he should be rested now until the end of the season and take a break somewhere nice with his family, and the club should do all they can to get his problem diagnosed and have him ready for the pre season.

For people to say 'we should get rid' or 'we have had the best out of him' (at 23, are you sure?) is fuckin mental. He is a class player and class players dont just go bad, he just needs some help!

i actually thought he did alrite last night in the half hr,
he looked shy to get on the ball and i was screaming at him to show for it,
but on the couple of occasions he got on the ball he picked out the pass, that i dnt think anyone else can in our team

he needs a run in the side to get his sharpness back, there were flashes of brilliance last night too, his ball over the top to tevez was sublime.

Ja Salford Blue said:
FFS people, Ireland has been playing awful since he got taken off early in the season and was rushed to hospital. I remember quotes from him at the time saying how he thought he was going to die on the pitch!

Subsiquently the medical problem has never been diagnosed so for all he knows it could happen again at any time during any game. He must be shit scared whenever he walks onto the pitch.

Personally I think he should be rested now until the end of the season and take a break somewhere nice with his family, and the club should do all they can to get his problem diagnosed and have him ready for the pre season.

For people to say 'we should get rid' or 'we have had the best out of him' (at 23, are you sure?) is fuckin mental. He is a class player and class players dont just go bad, he just needs some help!

Sometimes average players have one good season and spend the rest of thier career living of it and trying too hard to replicate it, before last season he was average, this season he has been below average , last season he stood out so one out of what 4 or five seasons he has been good this is not the consistancy required from a player to be reliable enough to build a team round

Superman ??? what a myth.

He has recently been playing as shit as his superman song sounds.
Maybe another one believing his own hype ????

Just an observation...
I'm also in the camp that believes you can't go from superstar to has-been in half a season. When Stevie played with Robbie, they had an almost uncanny understanding. Stevie made runs, Robbie picked him out, and vice-versa, resulting in defence splitting passes and good looking goals for both.

I noticed that when Robbie left, (and Stevie was picked) Stevie was still making those intelligent runs, but in the main we chose to pass sideways or backwards nullifying his run, whereas in the past Robbie would have picked him out. If this happens consistently, it can make you look a tit, rather than the player who didn't spot the run! You don't see this on the telly, but from the stands, if you are looking for it, it's obvious.

His natural game is to push forward, but he doesn't seem to have the telepathy he had with Robbie with anyone else, and he looks a little lost, to be honest. Maybe he has been told to hold, and this is not natural to him, so is taking time to adapt, but its obvious his confidence is shot to pieces.

He had a chance last night on the edge of the box, and the old Stevie would have snaffled it with a cheeky lob or a perfectly placed curler, but he seemed to be looking to offload, rather than shoot (afraid to make a mistake?)

Maybe someone who knows him on here (I believe there are a couple..?) can clarify this, because he is a fantastic player going through a bad spell, but we would be mugs to let him go.

We should support our talent during bad spells, not offload to be replaced with the flavour of the week from Serie a or La Liga.

And anyone who knows anything about football knows Stevie is a talent. Precocious, maybe, but a talent nonetheless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.