Ireland's bust up with rob (merged)

Re: Stevie Ireland.

He needs to get his head straight...Sorry Didsbury Dave..you asked for it :P

IMO, I don't want him to leave but I can find him staying here this year with a full season under Mancini to see what he can do and then the decision will be next summer! Everyone can't have an amazing season every season can they? Maybe it was just a big dip in form and a loss of confidence of not being played/not playing in his correct position

i like stevie ireland
but he is on the level of the old man city and that is a top 10 player

yes he could get in most teams but will never give a full season to the team
on his day world class
but you need to be world class every day in a top 4 team
midfield players are the back bone of the team you need to work hard and get box to box for 90 mins

we should keep him to give the other players a rest and keep him from other teams who could hurt us when we play them

The manager doesn't rate him, and has bought several players he considers to be better in midfield.

I can't see him making the squad of 25.

It is sad really, because he is a good player.

The amount of arrogance behind the scenes at City is rapidly reaching epic proportions.

Fucking with the career of another club's player is one thing. Fucking with the career's of your own players is inexcusable.

Whether it's Ireland, Neds, SWP, Bridge, whoever...it's high time Marwood and Co. started behaving with the kind of class which Khaldoon and the people in Abu Dhabi expect - otherwise the stench from this summer will live long in the memories of many people...

BillyShears said:
The amount of arrogance behind the scenes at City is rapidly reaching epic proportions.

Fucking with the career of another club's player is one thing. Fucking with the career's of your own players is inexcusable.

Whether it's Ireland, Neds, SWP, Bridge, whoever...it's high time Marwood and Co. started behaving with the kind of class which Khaldoon and the people in Abu Dhabi expect - otherwise the stench from this summer will live long in the memories of many people...

1249977126_dramatic_black_woman.gif

I think Ireland is a very technically gifted footballer with a clever football brain. His problem at City, is that he struggles to settle in a rigid formation. As some have mentioned, his best position is probably just behind the front two (as Elano during his first season under Eriksson). It is his ability to play the 'berkovic' / 'benarbia' pass which would make him a great player if playing in that system behind a quick striker who plays on the shoulder of the defender, aka a young Anelka or Torres

Unfortunately, this is not a system adopted by most top clubs anymore. The 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 means it is likely that the attacking emphasis comes from the wider players and less through the middle, hence he doesn't fit into this formation as easily.

I have always liked watching him, but he looks out of place out wide, he lacks pace of bellamy, the trickery feet of johnson etc. I think it would be great if he stayed so to provide a different option / way of playing if we wanted to change formation etc, but I think he will move on. Whether he will be successful, will depend on who he goes to, and whether they will provide a less rigid and more fluid formation where he play in holes rather than strict positions.

Ireland, Neds, SWP, Bridge, Richards....

just not good enough for the team we are trying to build. Get over it and lets move on.

BillyShears said:

Are you regarding such stories as leaks then, Billy, as opposed to the usual press conjecture? I mean, there's no quotes or anything (I've seen one from Mancini, saying 'sometimes Craig, Manu, Stephen, Shaun didn't play so well last season', but it seemed fairly tame).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.