Ireland's bust up with rob (merged)

Re: Ireland's bust up with rob

fast eddie said:
Lancet Fluke said:
This would be excellent. I hope you are right!

Roy Hodgson had Fulham Players performing above themselves during his time there so the impact he might have on a fragmented talent like Ireland is of concern - but then there's the risk that Ireland will never find his feet again and become a Premiership Journeyman like Michael Brown.

I'd allow Ireland to go anywhere below the Top 6 on the understanding there's two Players in the Squad to replace him. Presently there's none and we need two in every position.
Err, Ireland's best position is central midfield as is Silva's so there is at least one. People seem to keep forgetting we've signed Silva or think he's a winger as he is for Spain. He is versatile though and can play on the wing unlike Ireland.

Silva's a bit Robinho in a way, can wing it, play inside, go striker, play off a frontman or free roam and be the playmaker.

everyone just thinks he's a winger cos thats what he did at Valenica.

He wants to stay, he came up through the youth team and he's settled in manchester, and City need a player with that box to box energy who can thread balls through the middles for Ade and Tevez to run onto, can't just rely on Bellamy or Johnson going down the wings. I believe what he says with his own mouth, not what the Mirror says.

Stevie Ireland.

Simple question really. Season before last cracking season and ran the show, last season he didn't turn up, do you think he can get back to his best and be amongst the starting 11 again or do you think he'll leave?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/US-Tour-Stevie-Ireland

Says he wants to stay and fight on this video, but things can change quickly in football can't they?

Re: Stevie Ireland.

C_T_I_D said:
Simple question really. Season before last cracking season and ran the show, last season he didn't turn up, do you think he can get back to his best and be amongst the starting 11 again or do you think he'll leave?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/US-Tour-Stevie-Ireland

Says he wants to stay and fight on this video, but things can change quickly in football can't they?

No i cant see him as a first choice starting 11 player but equally if he recoverd some of his form then he woiuld not be too far away - its down to him but his performances to date in the US dont give me much hope.

Cmon Stevie get it sorted

I think he'll leave, some manager will play him every week in his best position and he'll light up the premier league once again.

Please please please will nobody type "He needs to get his head straight". It must be the most overused and baseless phrase in Bluemoon's history.

I'd take his form in the US with a pinch of salt to be honest. It's all about fitness at this stage.

Looking at that interview it is showing that he is focused on the job ahead for him like 2 years ago when he was linked with a move away. So if he stays focused we will see a new improved Ireland. Like what he is saying. I hope Mancini is professional enough to let the players know who is staying or going as it seems that is slightly playing on his mind. For his own sake he needs to know were he stands and I feel the club will let those players know if they are apart of the squad or not.

Time will tell as they say but I would love for Stevie to stay at the club. Look at the players we have signed none have had the expereince of playing in this league and all will need time to settle in so some of the experineced players will be called upon around key times of season like Xmas. Also it seems like Stevie plays better with the better players around him. May be a bit part player to start but I can see Stevie winning a starting spot and holding onto the jersey later in the season.

Didsbury Dave said:
I think he'll leave, some manager will play him every week in his best position and he'll light up the premier league once again.

Please please please will nobody type "He needs to get his head straight". It must be the most overused and baseless phrase in Bluemoon's history.

Well the fact he has to play in that exact posistion to even turn up is a basis for why he is not so great. The best or even the good can play more than just the exact posistion they have picked

Joe Cole is the perfect example he needs the same place as Ireland but that area doesn't really exist in modern football so he adapted and put hard work into his game to become a more modern player

Nine pages of opinions here

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=183487" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=183487</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.