Irish Current Affairs.

Its not just here that this con has been pulled - I will go to my grave hating an echelon of people who are devoid of any feeling for their fellow man - my last words may well be "bunch of cunts"

Spot on. It wasn't the ordinary working class guy that fucked this country; it was bankers, property developers, pension fund managers, stockbrokers etc etc. And it's the little guys up and down the country who's having to bale them out.

Its not just here that this con has been pulled - I will go to my grave hating an echelon of people who are devoid of any feeling for their fellow man - my last words may well be "bunch of cunts"

There was a similar comment doing the rounds during Brexit. Something along the lines of, it was a success because people that earn £1000s an hour managed to convince people that earn £20 an hour that people who earn £7 pounds an hour were their problem.

The events the other night are truly shocking and the loss of life appalling. Hearts go out to all those who lost their lives and their families same for those injured.

For younger Bluemooners you have to understand that this type of thing happened weekly during the Troubles although not then by accident but by design from terror organisations from both sides of the divide. They happened North of the border, South of the border and here on the mainland with similar appalling losses of life.

All these clowns again from all over the political sphere banging on about the WA and Article 16 are threatening to jeopardise the GFA and potentially see a return to Troubled Times. I don't want that and you shouldn't want that - I can remember days when you did have thoughts over safety in a city centre pub when you were out for a drink and so on. We cannt be allowed to even drift anywhere near to that ever again. Ever.

Peace and Love to Creeslough - such young lives lost.

The events the other night are truly shocking and the loss of life appalling. Hearts go out to all those who lost their lives and their families same for those injured.

For younger Bluemooners you have to understand that this type of thing happened weekly during the Troubles although not then by accident but by design from terror organisations from both sides of the divide. They happened North of the border, South of the border and here on the mainland with similar appalling losses of life.

All these clowns again from all over the political sphere banging on about the WA and Article 16 are threatening to jeopardise the GFA and potentially see a return to Troubled Times. I don't want that and you shouldn't want that - I can remember days when you did have thoughts over safety in a city centre pub when you were out for a drink and so on. We cannt be allowed to even drift anywhere near to that ever again. Ever.

Peace and Love to Creeslough - such young lives lost.
Agree with you blu.
I can remember in the early days of the Brexit debate before the vote, pointing out the incompatibility of what you were being promised with the GFA, an existing internationally registered agreement that you had already with us and Northern Ireland.

There were a certain few that I remained cordial with despite what seemed to me to be a total disregard for the consequences.

I think there were quite a few in England in particular that knew it would leave Northern Ireland in an untenable situation but really didn’t care.

The carnage you refer to from decades gone by can never be allowed to happen again, but I would maintain that the Tory attitude shown is not dissimilar to how they always dealt with Irish matters. Northern Ireland exists in the first place because of their pandering to the unionist community over the democratic process and was disputed for over 70 years.
We all came to an agreement on the future of the Island. I know I like any other Irishman I know, reconciled history with a democratically voted on peaceful future. We voted to amend articles 2 & 3 of our constitution which dealt with our claim to the six counties and make it palatable to both communities in the North.

This is why the whole Brexit debacle and the totally untrustworthy government you have running your country, gravely offends me. Because it does affect us. It always was going to. It shouldn’t bother me so much, what is going on, but at times it feels like we’re dealing with a Britain from over a hundred years ago.

I’ll stick this in here rather than the general football section.
After the Irish women’s football team winning in Scotland last night and qualifying for the World Cup for the first time ever, what the fuck were they thinking, singing ‘up the RA’ and filming it and putting it out on social media.

I mean WTAF. I’m speechless. Whether they are thick young ignorant bitches with no concept of the hurt caused or the consequences of this being the lasting memory of their achievement, or not, but where were the FAI adults in the room to put a stop to this.
Why would these young women come up with this to sing at a sporting victory ?
What do this generation know of the past 50 years? They’ve sullied their image. Stupid stupid stupid beyond belief when they were becoming media darlings, down here.

I’ll stick this in here rather than the general football section.
After the Irish women’s football team winning in Scotland last night and qualifying for the World Cup for the first time ever, what the fuck were they thinking, singing ‘up the RA’ and filming it and putting it out on social media.

I mean WTAF. I’m speechless. Whether they are thick young ignorant bitches with no concept of the hurt caused or the consequences of this being the lasting memory of their achievement, or not, but where were the FAI adults in the room to put a stop to this.
Why would these young women come up with this to sing at a sporting victory ?
What do this generation know of the past 50 years? They’ve sullied their image. Stupid stupid stupid beyond belief when they were becoming media darlings, down here.
First of all watch your language when you are talking about our ladies team. Also sullied their image to who exactly??? Maybe to a few knuckle draggers who most likely will be screaming secterian abuse at James McClean at the next opportunity.

First of all watch your language when you are talking about our ladies team. Also sullied their image to who exactly??? Maybe to a few knuckle draggers who most likely will be screaming secterian abuse at James McClean at the next opportunity.
They should have more cop on Tommy tbf.

There’s no excuse for the abuse McClean gets either.
The point about the Irish Ladies team, is that this is the memory that is being portrayed of their first World Cup qualification.

They have had to overcome so much and protest their position within the FAI to get to this point.
They were being held up by the media as perfect role models for young girls in Ireland.
They were becoming sporting media darlings.

I have no doubt that they haven’t got any sectarian motives behind the celebrations, they are just echoing chants they have heard in the jubilation.

That there is a problem however.

1. Where were the FAI to stop this leaving the dressing room. They seem quite willing to lap up the applause but once again have let them down in pure PR management.
2. Whether you agree with me or not, it is my belief that this chant has no place in Irish society, for anyone who quite willingly voted to accept the GFA and the referendum that followed to change our constitution.
Anyone who has an aspiration of an inclusive future for the whole island that’s better than where we came from.

This was stupidity on a large scale and totally unnecessary in taking away from their achievements.
This generation that most likely weren’t old enough to vote for the GFA need educating about where we came from and where songs like this came from.

They apologised. They hopefully will have learned a lesson and hopefully will have cared to discover why people are upset with them and genuinely regret it rather than just a PR damage limitation.

@aguero93:20 said they should have had more cop on.

Yes. Blame it on youthful foolishness but what about the FAI official s in the room.

The reputation was damaged. It has been milked no doubt by Sky but you only have to look at the other thread opened up in here to see the worse discussions it raised again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.