Is Bobby losing the Plot?

Last night was a big game. unfortunately our team is lacking our three most influential players.
Liverpool are very average and are there for the taking. Once Silva is back for the return leg I can see us turning it round.
Last night did prove that our squad is still not up to scratch.
Its too early for Savic, NDJ looks out of sorts. AJ is at best an impact sub for the last 25 mins when the full back is knackered.
Dzecko wont ever get used to the rotation system because he is a confidence player.
We are crying out for a striker to compliment Aguero. At the moment our strikers look like strangers to one another.
Without Silva and Yaya in CM we look very ordinary.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:06 pm --<br /><br />Last night was a big game. unfortunately our team is lacking our three most influential players.
Liverpool are very average and are there for the taking. Once Silva is back for the return leg I can see us turning it round.
Last night did prove that our squad is still not up to scratch.
Its too early for Savic, NDJ looks out of sorts. AJ is at best an impact sub for the last 25 mins when the full back is knackered.
Dzecko wont ever get used to the rotation system because he is a confidence player.
We are crying out for a striker to compliment Aguero. At the moment our strikers look like strangers to one another.
Without Silva and Yaya in CM we look very ordinary.

Bob did seem 'flustered' in his interview last night, but rightly so.

A few things have gone against us recently, but that happens to every club at some stage in the season. Key men are out/away and Bob is under enormous pressure, so yeah he cant keep his glacial cool at all times. However, the club/we have to man up, get behind each other, be confident and once the spurs game is over we'll know what we need to do.

The permutations are as follows (this is using the forecast that the top 3 will all win their (very win-able) games before the big weekend of the 22nd and the table on the 22nd (before the games) will be as follows (with all 3 having played 21 games):

1. City 51 points
2. Utd 48 points
3. Spurs 48 points

Right:

a) Should we beat spurs and united lose to arsenal:

1. City 54 points
2. Utd 48 points
3. Spurs 48 points

Leaving us with a 6 point lead with all 3 having played 22 games. This is obviously our 'best case' scenario.

b) Should we draw with spurs and utd beat arsenal:

1. City 52 points
2. Utd 51 points
3. Spurs 49 points

Leaving us top by one point with all 3 having played 22 games. This is a positive outcome.

c) Should we draw with spurs and utd draw with arsenal:

1. City 52 points
2. Utd 49 points
3. Spurs 49 points

Leaving us 3 clear or 'as you were'. Again, positive.

d) we lose to spurs and utd beat arsenal

1. City 51 points (top by goal difference barring a severe thrashing)
2. Utd 51 points
3. Spurs 51 points

Again, still top but extremely tight/tense.

Given that we identified Dec/Jan as our 'deeeficult moment', even if we end up with option (d) we'll still be top with our difficult period out the way. Not bad at all really is it blues? Of course, this whole analysis rests on us beating Wigan, but that should be achievable.

Of course if Utd or Spurs drop points before the 22nd then that's even more positive.

So basically what we're looking at is if we beat wigan, we'll be top after the 22nd no matter what happens. Some of our main guys will be back (will Yaya/Kolo?) and we might have even acquired one or two new faces to bolster things.

Lets be positive. We haven't got the right to win trophies and be entertained. We're City we were shit for years, lets not forget that. Get our chins up and get behind our wonderful club :) Greatness is within reach. Lets be the 12th man and get our boys over that line with our positivity.

I think the cracks are beginning to show. If as expected Mancini finishes the season without a trophy then I think he will be gone.

mancinimadness said:
I think the cracks are beginning to show. If as expected Mancini finishes the season without a trophy then I think he will be gone.

What flippin planet are you from????.........

mancinimadness said:
Jesus wept.

WyongBlue said:
mancinimadness said:

What flippin planet are you from????.........

You can't deny that the team is in a mini-crisis though surely? Without Silva, Kompany and Yaya we look like a middle of a table team which last night looked devoid of ideas, inspiration and leadership. It will be a disaster if we don't win anything this season.

andy h said:
I can understand why Mancini is stressed/frustrated/unhappy.

Losing his three most influential players at the same time.
Kompany getting red carded for a ball-winning tackle.
Inconsistencies shown by referees.
No penetration against a team determined to park the bus.
Kolarov wasting half a dozen chances when he could have done something more intelligent rather than blast the freaking ball.
The pressure of the expectations to perform by the owner/board/fans/his own desires.

Positives:

We are still top of the league.
Liverpool got their goal and were happy to shut up shop in second half - this may cost them the tie if we can get the goal machine going and we can get an early goal in the second leg.
Hart's two fantastic saves that kept us in the tie.
Bring on Wigan and take some frustration out on them.
Can't see Liverpool playing the same way at home.
I am still gonna love this team tommorow morning and every day that I wake up and am still breathing.
This team is still a shit-load better than anything we have had to endure over the last thirty years.
We are not gonna go away anytime soon.
We are still learning as a team.

shit happens but I will always be a blue.

Totally agree "andy h", we've had some dips in our form as of late, but we need to get behind the team no matter what, instead of this "lets press the panic button/ Mancini bottling it" view...............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.