Is Chelsea on Wednesday the make or break match?

blemo said:
mcfc-mark said:
Sorry but you've got to beat the best to be the best. Don't win on Wednesday we don't deserve it.
This
By that logic then, united don't deserve to win the league. they lost at home 6-1 to clearly the best side in the league, so they dont deserve to win it then? The league isnt won with 2 wins against tottenham and one win against united, its won against the rest of them.

Can't agree with the above.

I consider myself a reasonably optimistic City fan. However, failing to beat Chelsea will make it very, very difficult. I just can't see them lot dropping many points with the exception of maybe, Blackburn and City away.

We can maybe afford to draw away with Arsenal before the derby, this is the only game where we can possibly afford to drop points, got to win your home games and the likes of Stoke away.

Huge game v Chelsea.

Well before the last 4 weeks i thought the players had the bottle to go all the way. But after the dire performances against swansea and Lisbon away and first half at home i just dont think the players have the bottle to see it to the end. The injuries to Vinnie, Barry and Lescott have been massive and that together with the pressure is obviosly showing on the players with the bickering and discent shown by some players at being subbed.

I have a really bad feeling about tomorrow night and Stoke is nailed on a draw at best. I hate to say it but i think it could be all over by 10pm monday night if the rags win at home against Fulham and the chances Fulham will be up for a having a go at the swamp are nil.

IMO we have given this title away when they let a 2 goal lead slip at Fulham and when they bottled it against Everton and Swansea away. I think Chelsea away was down to a dire ref and subnderland we were unlucky to concede with final kick of game.

these next 2 games will show if we want to be champions 2 very tough games but we are capable of winning by sat nite we'll all know if we've got the bottle or not utd monday game nailed on win so we have to put a bit of pressure on them with two victories.

1978blue said:
these next 2 games will show if we want to be champions 2 very tough games but we are capable of winning by sat nite we'll all know if we've got the bottle or not utd monday game nailed on win so we have to put a bit of pressure on them with two victories.
I agree, though no game at this stage of the season is a "nailed on" win. All we can do is win our games, and that is a must at the moment, we need to be 2 points clear again by the time they next play.

I think we need to get out of the mentality that winning or losing is just a case of bottling it or not bottling it.

The "experts" don't need an excuse to run the "City are wobbling" line, we don't need to play along.

Sometimes worse sides defeat better sides. It happens (hopefully not tomorrow night).

not sure if posted already but:

John Terry has said that Manchester United is the pride of England and that they fully deserve to win the Premier League title.

"We won in midweek and showed the superiority of English football in Europe. Repeated what United has done historically. United is the pride of English football. This was shown last year, before 2 years, 3 years before, and so on."

"It would be nice if we [Chelsea] 3 point win against Manchester City on Wednesday, because we should definitely Champions League next season and also it would help Manchester United to win the title, which they fully deserve."

I thought Terry wouldnt be able to make me hate him more as a footballer and a human being...seems I was wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.