Is Cook leaving?

blue_paul said:
Cook is always applauded by some for being a 'top bloke' who has a chat to fans on euro aways but that's something I couldn't give a shit about as it doesn't impact on how good he is at his job. I grew very tired very quickly of his constant gaffs in interviews, his pathetic love of the limelight and the botch job on Hughes' dismissal and Mancini's press conference.
He has to be partly responsible for the ridiculous contracts given out to all and sundry that came to the club which leaves us financially constrained due to FFPR.
We've only seen and heard less of the buffoon because he's been told to stay out of the limelight and stop making a fucking idiot of himself.

Good riddance to someone ridiculously out of his depth. Take your 'match day experience' with you too.

You don't "give a shit" about a lot of the reasons City have broke into the top four and won the first trophy in 35 years. He was after all partly responsible for bringing in top players.

He is also partly responsible for:

- raising City's profile around the world
- improving the match day experience
- creating stronger links in the community
- helping City give more to worthy causes

He may not be part of the next stage in City's development, granted.

But you don't sound like you've got a clue what you're going on about, so most fans who do "give a shit" about the above things will take your negative opinion on how Cook has done with a tiny pinch of ignorant salt.

Blue Mooner said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
This story has been doing the rounds for the last few months. Mischief making by somebody somewhere I assume because Cook's got possibly the best job in football running City for Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoun. It was only a month back that Khaldoun singled him out for strong praise, and you could see he meant it.
All true Billy. Can't believe he'd walk away from this . So think it through....

Obviously one tabloid story doesn't make it gospel though but I have a feeling there's something to
This.

Kenyon would be great and is a blue
Too.

Kenyan is NOT a blue he is a red. I know someone who used to shoot (clay pigeon shooting) with him and he is 100% a red.

Would hate to see that tw*t at the club, but then I credit our club with more sense.

Hope there is no truth to this story.
I don't care who he supports if he can do the Job to be honest. But I still believe he is a city fan for what it's worth.

Don't really care about Cook. The modernisation and the shift in focus of the club during his first year and a bit was impressive, but since then, for whatever reason, things appear to have slowed down.

At the same time the unseemly politicking has increased. Worst of all, it feels like we've made precious little head way dealing with the issues arising from silly contracts. Robinho apart, every single issue, every single player we were trying to shift last summer, seems little closer to resolution 12 months on. I'm not sold on the 'no agents' idea, it seems very admirable on the surface but a little pragmatism goes a long way.

I have no idea about the veracity of this story but I can believe this is a very, very important summer for him.

Having said all that;

We've had ITK's, KFA's... I propose a new category, 'ABK'.

Anyone but Kenyon.

For all his perceived strengths, he got caught in the most public way imaginable. He's also the guy who chose Scolari.

cibaman said:
Being CEO of a privately owned football club must be one of the most frustrating jobs going for anyone with Cook's background. The job title's basically meaningless, any power is shared with the manager, chairmam, director of football etc. He's essential a glorified Marketing Director

I have thought, what actually is his role, fancy title but whats the role, we have a Manager, we have a Director of Football (another shit made up role thats meaningless IMO) and a Chairman, cant see where the CEO fits in with it TBH,
No pun intended but 'Too many Cooks' spring to mind, fuck the bullshit positions, Manager > Chairman > Owner, simple pimple jobs a goodun.

Big G said:
cibaman said:
Being CEO of a privately owned football club must be one of the most frustrating jobs going for anyone with Cook's background. The job title's basically meaningless, any power is shared with the manager, chairmam, director of football etc. He's essential a glorified Marketing Director

I have thought, what actually is his role, fancy title but whats the role, we have a Manager, we have a Director of Football (another shit made up role thats meaningless IMO) and a Chairman, cant see where the CEO fits in with it TBH,
No pun intended but 'Too many Cooks' spring to mind, fuck the bullshit positions, Manager > Chairman > Owner, simple pimple jobs a goodun.

Mainly marketing...

Who going to glad hand the fan's and tell them that they are the most important thing to him, whilst doing simultaneously ignoring all that rhetoric and solely concentrating on squeezing every last penny out of them?

I doubt a replacement could dish out that level of insincerity with such a straight face.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Who going to glad hand the fan's and tell them that they are the most important thing to him, whilst doing simultaneously ignoring all that rhetoric and solely concentrating on squeezing every last penny out of them?

I doubt a replacement could dish out that level of insincerity with such a straight face.
Who else could come in and get such high praise from Khaldoon?

A ruthless business man is Khaldoon, doesn't hand praise out for nothing. Yet spent the best part of a recent interview bigging Cook up.

But what does he know eh?

Bluemoon115 said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

Who else could come in and get such high praise from Khaldoon?

A ruthless business man is Khaldoon, doesn't hand praise out for nothing. Yet spent the best part of a recent interview bigging Cook up.

But what does he know eh?

He might be very good in his position as CEO. I haven't got a clue, and neither have most on here (being praised by your employer whilst still in a job is hardly a ringing endorsement).

But my gripe with him is he is a bullshitter when it comes to the fans and he is desperate to come across as a fan's man. He has overseen decision after decision that go totally against this.

The issue of accessibility and price is the overwhelming concern for fans as a whole, nothing else comes close. So for him to be so disingenuous really sticks in my throat/

If Kenyon came in and said I'm going to oversee a big price hike and you fans can either like it or fuck off, I wouldn't like it but I'd have much more respect for his honesty than I do for Cooke's personal pr campaign approach

Rubyappeal said:
Chicken Kiev said:
I don't think Cooky is all that bad but you can't blame his Mrs for wanting the kids to have an American education over an English one. In fact, you couldn't blame her if She wanted her children educated in outer Mongolia rather than in England. Lets face it the English education system is shit, it always has been shit and it always will be shit.

I would never have my kids educated in the UK. I would never allow them to have religion, political correctness and all that brainwashing shit forced down the throats of my kids.

Where I live its still not considered normal to be gay and it is certainly NOT considered normal for two gay guys to adopt a kid. How can this be normal in any society and whats worse is England forces these issues on to kids and brainwashes them into believing it, Its so, so wrong!!! And nor would I ever allow my kids to have to learn the teachings of Islam, Ala and all that horse shit. Its a disgrace that all this and things like this are being forced down the throats of young impressionable kids by Idiotic bleeding heart liberals and their bullshit beliefs.

Mrs Cook I really don't blame you at all. You really are doing the right thing for your kids.

Where the fuck were you educated the victorian times? The teachings of Islam, have you ever studied the Qu'ran? Gays are considered normal is wrong? I feel sorry for you and most of all I feel sorry for your kids. Outa Mongolia? Ever been there and U.S.A education system teaches bullshit aswell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.