Is Cook leaving?

Kenyon is 100% a rag and got them to spend huge amounts on players like van Nistelrooy, Veron, and Ferdinand. He also convinced Slurgie not to retire, may he be damned. But being a rag didn't stop him abandoning them for Chelsea (where he tapped up and ultimately got Ashley Cole), he is truly a ruthless cutthroat business man without morals. You could argue that is a great thing to have, I wonder how these Italian clubs would like negotiating with him.

BillyShears said:
This story has been doing the rounds for the last few months. Mischief making by somebody somewhere I assume because Cook's got possibly the best job in football running City for Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoun. It was only a month back that Khaldoun singled him out for strong praise, and you could see he meant it.
All true Billy. Can't believe he'd walk away from this . So think it through....

Obviously one tabloid story doesn't make it gospel though but I have a feeling there's something to
This.

Kenyon would be great and is a blue
Too.

Blue Haze said:
Wendy has not settled in Manchester and is believed to favour a US education for their children.

Stopped reading right there. US education better than England? LOL
LOL me too!

Cook has done an acceptable job, if it's really time to move on then I look forward to who our owners choose to appoint.

It's a none story, written on the back of Cook not looking very happy over the last month of the season. Maybe the strain of possibly not making the CL started to tell on him. Should all be okay now though, I can't see a reason why he'd go.

Cook is always applauded by some for being a 'top bloke' who has a chat to fans on euro aways but that's something I couldn't give a shit about as it doesn't impact on how good he is at his job. I grew very tired very quickly of his constant gaffs in interviews, his pathetic love of the limelight and the botch job on Hughes' dismissal and Mancini's press conference.
He has to be partly responsible for the ridiculous contracts given out to all and sundry that came to the club which leaves us financially constrained due to FFPR.
We've only seen and heard less of the buffoon because he's been told to stay out of the limelight and stop making a fucking idiot of himself.

Good riddance to someone ridiculously out of his depth. Take your 'match day experience' with you too.

LoveCity said:
Kenyon is 100% a rag and got them to spend huge amounts on players like van Nistelrooy, Veron, and Ferdinand. He also convinced Slurgie not to retire, may he be damned. But being a rag didn't stop him abandoning them for Chelsea (where he tapped up and ultimately got Ashley Cole), he is truly a ruthless cutthroat business man without morals. You could argue that is a great thing to have, I wonder how these Italian clubs would like negotiating with him.
Arjen Robben was done and dusted going to United as well until Kenyon went to Chelsea. He knew what he was being offered and gazumped them. I ssem to remember there being a lot of ill feeling being around.

I'm not arsed who replaced Cook tbh a walking soundbite who doesn't practise what he preaches hopefully if he leaves the phrase "matchday experience"will never be heard again which has to be a good thing. The only people who seem to stick up for him are the one's who've maybe shared a jar with him. Some of the things he's been involved in have been nothing short of an embarrasment.
A,The way Hughes was sacked
B, That press conference with Mancini
C, The incident in New York before the league cup semi etc

One of the highlights of last season was not hearing a word that came out of his mouth which had obviously been advised from above

Chicken Kiev said:
Where I live its still not considered normal to be gay and it is certainly NOT considered normal for two gay guys to adopt a kid. How can this be normal in any society and whats worse is England forces these issues on to kids and brainwashes them into believing it, Its so, so wrong!!!
I'd love to know where you live then, a place where "it's still not considered normal to be gay". A place devoid of education then? Same sex relationships are very much in evidence in the wild, particularly amongst certain primates. Therefore I would suggest that it could be considered VERY natural or "normal".

The job of a CEO is to set strategy, align resources, enroll the right internal personnel, and engage the outside world. City has an exciting long term vision, but it is still early to fully judge how we are doing. For me, one of the clearest performance benchmarks for a CEO is the quality of staff you are able to enroll and what they say about you. I think if you were to spend time with the people who work for City, you would have a sense of the quality of Garry Cook. I also believe that the fact Cook was in place helped Sheik Mansour select City as his vehicle to invest. In my opinion, he's world class.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
This story has been doing the rounds for the last few months. Mischief making by somebody somewhere I assume because Cook's got possibly the best job in football running City for Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoun. It was only a month back that Khaldoun singled him out for strong praise, and you could see he meant it.
All true Billy. Can't believe he'd walk away from this . So think it through....

Obviously one tabloid story doesn't make it gospel though but I have a feeling there's something to
This.

Kenyon would be great and is a blue
Too.

Kenyan is NOT a blue he is a red. I know someone who used to shoot (clay pigeon shooting) with him and he is 100% a red.

Would hate to see that tw*t at the club, but then I credit our club with more sense.

Hope there is no truth to this story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.