Is Cook leaving?

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Bluemoon115 said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Who going to glad hand the fan's and tell them that they are the most important thing to him, whilst doing simultaneously ignoring all that rhetoric and solely concentrating on squeezing every last penny out of them?

I doubt a replacement could dish out that level of insincerity with such a straight face.
Who else could come in and get such high praise from Khaldoon?

A ruthless business man is Khaldoon, doesn't hand praise out for nothing. Yet spent the best part of a recent interview bigging Cook up.

But what does he know eh?

He might be very good in his position as CEO. I haven't got a clue, and neither have most on here (being praised by your employer whilst still in a job is hardly a ringing endorsement).

But my gripe with him is he is a bullshitter when it comes to the fans and he is desperate to come across as a fan's man. He has overseen decision after decision that go totally against this.

The issue of accessibility and price is the overwhelming concern for fans as a whole, nothing else comes close. So for him to be so disingenuous really sticks in my throat/

If Kenyon came in and said I'm going to oversee a big price hike and you fans can either like it or fuck off, I wouldn't like it but I'd have much more respect for his honesty than I do for Cooke's personal pr campaign approach
The bit about being two faced is fair enough, and I like yourself couldn't care less whether he gives me a pint or not, 'cause he's gonna shaft me out of more than that sooner rather than later.

But in the interview, he kept his praise of Mancini to a minimum, and seemed reluctant to mention Marwood, which to me suggests that he was intentionally singling Cook out for praise.

Prestwich_Blue said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I haven't got a clue
Never was a truer word spoken.

Are you adding internet grudges to sit alongside name dropping in your repertoire.

Or, perhaps you might actually add something that shows what I have typed to be nonsense.

Be sure to try to impress the star struck with tales of some mid management non entity you've dealt with in the past.

Or, in a better world, we could both stick to being adults, as going down the childish route you've taken it down and I've continued to follow adds nothing.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I haven't got a clue

Are you adding internet grudges to sit alongside name dropping in your repertoire.

Or, perhaps you might actually add something that shows what I have typed to be nonsense.

Be sure to try to impress the star struck with tales of some mid management non entity you've dealt with in the past.
I don't believe I've ever dealt with you.

I was having a bit of fun and would have done that to anyone who posted it. I have no beef whatsoever with you but you clearly have with me. So let's take it from there.

You haven't a clue what Cook does. You and I have nothing to judge him on other than what we see. I've seen a bloke who I think is sincere enough and you think he's a shallow tosser.

But whatever we think, he's a CEO of a commercial business not head of a charity. And I've said enough times that as we become successful we'll have to pay for that, literally. We need to pull in £2m gate money a game minimum to match the other top teams whereas we only pull in half that now. He's responsible for delivering that increase and prices will rise. However, he's been reasonably fair about it so far. If you sit near or behind the goal you pay less. If you want to sit in Tier 2 and/or near the half-way line you pay more.

However you can still get a value seasoncard and you can still take your kid for £5 per game. That doesn't seem unfair to me but he doesn't have to be fair - he has to maximise revenue.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Who going to glad hand the fan's and tell them that they are the most important thing to him, whilst doing simultaneously ignoring all that rhetoric and solely concentrating on squeezing every last penny out of them?

I doubt a replacement could dish out that level of insincerity with such a straight face.

It is possible for people to be interested in their customers and still want to make money out of them.

What's really confusing is the notion that Kenyon would be more acceptable despite having an unparalleled reputation for increasing prices, because for some unstated reason you reckon he'd be honest about it. What do you care about, accessibility? Or is it something about how you perceive people's personality?

Chicken Kiev said:
I don't think Cooky is all that bad but you can't blame his Mrs for wanting the kids to have an American education over an English one. In fact, you couldn't blame her if She wanted her children educated in outer Mongolia rather than in England. Lets face it the English education system is shit, it always has been shit and it always will be shit.

I would never have my kids educated in the UK. I would never allow them to have religion, political correctness and all that brainwashing shit forced down the throats of my kids.

Where I live its still not considered normal to be gay and it is certainly NOT considered normal for two gay guys to adopt a kid. How can this be normal in any society and whats worse is England forces these issues on to kids and brainwashes them into believing it, Its so, so wrong!!! And nor would I ever allow my kids to have to learn the teachings of Islam, Ala and all that horse shit. Its a disgrace that all this and things like this are being forced down the throats of young impressionable kids by Idiotic bleeding heart liberals and their bullshit beliefs.

Mrs Cook I really don't blame you at all. You really are doing the right thing for your kids.
Young man, there really is no need to feel down.

Prestwich_Blue said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I don't believe I've ever dealt with you.

I was having a bit of fun and would have done that to anyone who posted it. I have no beef whatsoever with you but you clearly have with me. So let's take it from there.

You haven't a clue what Cook does. You and I have nothing to judge him on other than what we see. I've seen a bloke who I think is sincere enough and you think he's a shallow tosser.

But whatever we think, he's a CEO of a commercial business not head of a charity. And I've said enough times that as we become successful we'll have to pay for that, literally. We need to pull in £2m gate money a game minimum to match the other top teams whereas we only pull in half that now. He's responsible for delivering that increase and prices will rise. However, he's been reasonably fair about it so far. If you sit near or behind the goal you pay less. If you want to sit in Tier 2 and/or near the half-way line you pay more.

However you can still get a value seasoncard and you can still take your kid for £5 per game. That doesn't seem unfair to me but he doesn't have to be fair - he has to maximise revenue.

OK, perhaps I misread the intention and I'll apologise for that and my poor response. Not needed. Apologies.

My issue is that, as you say, his prime, possibly only, objective is to maximise revenue. Yet
I struggle to remember anyone else associated with the club in the past who, whilst ramping up that objective more than ever (which can only mean squeezing the fans) attempts to present completely the opposite image.

Whether it be football or other walks of life, I don't like people who attempt to disguise their actions by presenting a contrary image. It is too much like cheap politicking for my liking.

On top of that, I don't subscribe to the notion held by most on here that a successful football club must be paid for by the fans and that huge buys must be funded by increased prices. I don' remember any owner of a club ever stating that this is part of the deal if they are to fund success (then again, they aren't going to say that).

However, more to the point, I don't think we'll see a drastic reduction in prices if Tevez gets sold for £50m, in the way that many on here say that we must ramp up prices for purchases.

I don't recall many clubs putting prices down when their club slips down the league.

Simply put, successful clubs use the 'paying for success' mantra when they are doing well in order to squeeze every penny. They drop it when they suffer a downturn in fortunes - maybe they might make a cursory reduction in prices if they are relegated, but it never matches the increase they leap at in a successful period.

Particularly at a club like City, where the success has been funded in a way that the club could never achieve, even with mile high ticket prices, it makes me laugh that I am supposed to believe that a 50% rise in season ticket sales will act as a significant counter to all the silly money buys and contracts that have been handed out. It won't.

But, I am fairly alone in that view. Most seem to think that the club's recent success and continued success has a direct correlation to ticket prices. I'm sure Mr Cooke is delighted with that.

I went through american schools and cheated mostly so I really don't have much to add. Though it really makes college hard :/

Met Cook once had about a 15 min chat right before a game.

Came across as a genuine bloke who actually really cared about our experience.

That's who I want running our team and if he goes I wish him nothing but the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.