Is Eden Hazard The One That Got Away?

dronefromsector7g said:
waspish said:
City Man said:
Didn't expect to be accused of that after my first post. I must be the only rag with a City scarf hanging in the hall, travelled to Birmingham to see the Community Shield final as per above post, cheered Bent's goal yesterday and.........er, sorry about this mate, have a City seasoncard.

I don't expect you to reply to this but kindly admit to yourself that you got it wrong. Enjoy your holiday.

Don't take it to hart its a ritual on here for every 1st time poster ;)
I never got called one and I'm offended, someone call me a rag, right now!

Nope, have tried, but just can't bring myself to do it.

Anyway thanks guys - I'm feeling a bit better now. In a weird sort of way being insulted so early in my posting career gives a me a strange sense of belonging.

I'm not sure Edin Hazard ever really wanted to come to City and we, given our change in wage structure off the back of FFP, were never going to pay stupid money in order to change his mind. He's a quality player, but I think the lure of Chelsea and London was always going to be too much.

For me Alexis Sanchez was the one I really wanted, he was, and is, exactly what we need, and he'd have torn the Premier League apart with his pace and ability. Can't say I don't understand his decision to go to Barcelona, however he'd have been an ever present in our side whereas he's battling for starts at Barca.

I even think we were in with a slight chance of signing him too. He seemed to be flirting with a lot of clubs across Europe. I think I would have creamed myself if we had Bale, VDV, Modric and Hazard in the same team.

If Chelsea didn't win the champions league I'm not sure he would have been playing there

City Man said:
dronefromsector7g said:
waspish said:
Don't take it to hart its a ritual on here for every 1st time poster ;)
I never got called one and I'm offended, someone call me a rag, right now!

Nope, have tried, but just can't bring myself to do it.

Anyway thanks guys - I'm feeling a bit better now. In a weird sort of way being insulted so early in my posting career gives a me a strange sense of belonging.

Welcome mate. Who knows, once you've mastered the art of insulting other newbies you might be promoted (?) to mod too.

El Mago said:
Hazard's talent was there to see, he won the young player award, the following year he won the best player award.

No player dribbles better than him but Messi, the guy HAS IT ALL.

He is better than Bale, Neymar & Sanchez and he will win the Ballon D'or and they won't.

Anyway, we have to wait maybe 5 to 10 years to see a talent like him emerging in Europe.

Its painful watching him play for Chelsea, specially when I remember he was so close to join us.
Bale and Neymar better than Hazard

I don't really understand the recent infatuation with Hazard, to be honest. He's not one of the top 3 wingers in Europe IMO - he'd be Bayern's 3rd best winger if he went there (to the person who said he would grace any team). Neymar, Robben, RIbéry are all better wide players. You could argue Bale as well; he's struggled for fitness this season but when he has played, he has played well apart from the big games.

Hazard's great, he can get better. The comparisons with Cristiano and Messi at the same age are ludicrous, Cristiano was stunning in that 2006-07 season when he was only 21. Hell, Robben was better when he was 21 in his first season in England. Let's see how Hazard progresses, because I certainly don't see him as a "future Ballon d'Or winner".

C Velz said:
I don't really understand the recent infatuation with Hazard, to be honest. He's not one of the top 3 wingers in Europe IMO - he'd be Bayern's 3rd best winger if he went there (to the person who said he would grace any team). Neymar, Robben, RIbéry are all better wide players. You could argue Bale as well; he's struggled for fitness this season but when he has played, he has played well apart from the big games.

Hazard's great, he can get better. The comparisons with Cristiano and Messi at the same age are ludicrous, Cristiano was stunning in that 2006-07 season when he was only 21. Hell, Robben was better when he was 21 in his first season in England. Let's see how Hazard progresses, because I certainly don't see him as a "future Ballon d'Or winner".
Hazard is performing better than Robben and Ribery at the moment, and he's got a higher output. He's better than Robben was for us in 2004/7. I haven't seen a flair player have this kind of an impact on our team since Zola.

But I do agree comparisons with Messi and Ronaldo are premature. Those two are unique talents and Hazard would have to step it up further to share that company.

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
I was more pissed off we didn't get isco,that was a sickener.
I never saw Hazard at Lille, but thought he was incredibly talented, but did too many stupid things last season. He was not focused enough on creating and scoring chances. This season Mourinho has got hold of him and he is phenomenal.

I saw Isco a couple of times last year and have seen him at Madrid this year, but I don't understand the hype. When I compare him to the likes of Oscar, Hazard, Neymar, Gotze, Draxler and Meyer he comes up short.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.