Is fascism back with us?

Elon musk thinks it’s the biggest threat to humanity.

The rate of reproduction is declining in Europe. It’s not an immediate problem but it will be.
Elon Musk said he was concerned about the global population as a whole, as I recall, not that “people in the west” specifically had to have more children. You’re wrongly conflating the two for some reason.

Elon Musk said he was concerned about the global population as a whole, as I recall, not that “people in the west” specifically had to have more children. You’re wrongly conflating the two for some reason.
It’s worse in the west than other areas of the globe. I don’t think it’s a pressing issue right now but to have concerns over low birth rate in the west isn’t fascism. It will be a problem eventually.

E29C7C26-A24E-4903-AAE5-C7271526E002.png

It’s worse in the west than other areas of the globe. I don’t think it’s a pressing issue right now but to have concerns over low birth rate in the west isn’t fascism. It will be a problem eventually.

View attachment 34500
That map seems to suggest it’s a largely global issue (with the exception of Africa). Are your concerns economic, like Musk, or cultural, like Orban?

That map seems to suggest it’s a largely global issue (with the exception of Africa). Are your concerns economic, like Musk, or cultural, like Orban?
It is a global issue as we’ll see the more people come out of poverty in Africa. The Middle East is also growing whilst Europe declines.

To be honest a little from column A, a little from column B. I like western culture and want the west to do well. A declining birth rate will affect economics and culture down the line.

Although it’s not a right now problem. It’ll be an issue after I’m long gone.

Elon musk thinks it’s the biggest threat to humanity.

The rate of reproduction is declining in Europe. It’s not an immediate problem but it will be.
Well if Elon Musk says so it must be such exquisite insight.
I still don't get how it's a problem, do you think it's a problem?

Well if Elon Musk says so it must be such exquisite insight.
I still don't get how it's a problem, do you think it's a problem?
How many times do you want me to answer the same question?

How many times do you want me to answer the same question?
You haven't actually answered my last question, you may think you have.
Why is it a problem? Can you explain what makes this (possible scenario) a problem? What is the actual problem?

You haven't actually answered my last question, you may think you have.
Why is it a problem? Can you explain what makes this (possible scenario) a problem? What is the actual problem?
A declining birth rate is terrible for the economy and will result in other issues you get with an shining population like care etc.

and if it happens right across western civilisation and other areas of the world continue to grow, then western culture will slide.

The current model in this country doesn't work. You have two useless parties who do fuck all but argue with each other and just keeping digging for mud on the opposition until the power swings to the other party for 10-15 years. That's not a long time for large scale changes to be made so short term compromises have to be made.

Essentially because they constantly undermine each other they use most of their energy just bickering rather than actually achieving much in the wider world.

Countries like the UK and US are on the decline because of this. And for the opposite reasons countries like China and Saudi are only getting stronger.

I'm not sure I'd want a full blown fascist state but maybe a general election should only be held every 30+ years to stop the bickering and get the parties to actually work together to achieve more.

A declining birth rate is terrible for the economy and will result in other issues you get with an shining population like care etc.

and if it happens right across western civilisation and other areas of the world continue to grow, then western culture will slide.
Cool. The imbalance is interesting I think, especially regarding care for elders and strength of workforces, as you say. However, I think the potential affect on just the Western world is not at all interesting or unique, since China, South Korea and India, to name a few large countries, are experiencing population decline.

And as an answer to the title of the thread.... i don't think fascism has ever really left

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.