Is fascism back with us?

There was a huge 2016 Russian interference attempt to influence the outcome of the presidential election in favor of Trump. It's not clear though how effective that campaign was.
There is no credible evidence about this claim. Even though it's roundly believed. I guess God news watchers are not the only ones who get scammed.

Mask mandates and vaccine mandates = fascism? I guess you don't wear seat belts and regard driving laws as an imposition on your God-given right to drive as you choose.
There are no constitutional rights to drive cars. And it's not whether you ought to wear masks or not. But rather whether the govt ought to have the power to enforce such. Our constitution suggests it doesn't.
You said:
"Let me simplify:
Republican= Evil
Democrat= Good"

Actually, you've almost captured it exactly. Except that it's not Republicans who are evil - it's that most Republicans leaders are so. Possibly most Democrats are so too.
Oh look, we agree :)

Politicians are political creatures (of course) - it's astounding to me that most Republicans would rather stay in office than state obvious truths - such as Biden won the 2020 election fair and square; that climate change is real; that COVID is real and that vaccines, masking and social distancing are all important mitigations against this disease and so on.
Going off the rails again... Let's get you back on track:

1. Most Politicians will rather stay in office than state obvious by truth. Republican or Democrat!

2. Most Republicans have already stated Biden won the election... Go ahead, find a major Politician who hasn't?

3. Wasn't it Biden and Kamala Harris who were against vaccines less than a year ago? Happy they've come around :)

Probably, should Republicans somehow have hit upon pro-science and fact, you'd find most Democrats opposing science. "Republican" and "Democrat" are labels afterall - and a review of history illustrates how party positions have shifted over the years.
====
Back on track... We agree again :)

Me?

I prefer Democratic policies. But I'm OK with more conservative policies.
Nothing against a preference for one set of policies or the other. That's what democracy is. Choice.

I'm not, however, at all in favor of science denial.
You didn't strike me as someone who'd be. Hence my surprise at your dismissal of evidence of suppression by a supposed Scientist. Anyway, happy you are for Science. Hopefully, not only when it's convenient.

And that's where most (Bush isn't there nor are many traditional Republicans, but the Trump-worshipers are another breed altogether) Republicans are. Fucking anti-science assholes who promote populist ideas - anything inconvenient is a lie, regardless of overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary.
Since we are not being specific here, I can only assume you are being genuine.

But specificity is often where the rubber hits the road

But at this point weve gotten away from the topic at hand... Fascism!

An often poorly defined concept that's often only noted when it suits the political agenda of some groups.

Personally, I'd like a clear bright line definition of Fascism... And then let's apply facts to that bright line rule.

>> 2. Most Republicans have already stated Biden won the election... Go ahead, find a major Politician who hasn't?
Huh? Go through, for example, Republican Congressmen - virtually everyone is beholden to Trump and states that he won the election. So too the Senate, but a little less so.

A representative list:

Most other Republicans refuse to state that Biden won for fear that such a stance will mean political suicide - and probably some other few actually believe that Trump won.

People in the west the article said.

It covered a potential issue down the line with declining birth rates.
So all the people living in the west must breed? Are we short of people in the west?

So all the people living in the west must breed? Are we short of people in the west?
It’s a problem they think will happen as the birth rate is predicted to drop.

I didn’t say I agreed with the point about needing to breed now, I just didn’t think that idea is “fascism”.

>> 2. Most Republicans have already stated Biden won the election... Go ahead, find a major Politician who hasn't?
Huh? Go through, for example, Republican Congressmen - virtually everyone is beholden to Trump and states that he won the election. So too the Senate, but a little less so.

A representative list:

Most other Republicans refuse to state that Biden won for fear that such a stance will mean political suicide - and probably some other few actually believe that Trump won.
This is a list of Republicans who have congratulated Biden. I need a list of Republicans who claim Biden isn't President? Where are they.?

Anyway, we've derailed this thread enough. Perhaps we get back to Fascism.

This is a list of Republicans who have congratulated Biden. I need a list of Republicans who claim Biden isn't President? Where are they.?

Anyway, we've derailed this thread enough. Perhaps we get back to Fascism.

gettyimages-1228998575.jpg

People in the west the article said.

It covered a potential issue down the line with declining birth rates.
Might not be fascist by definition, but it's definitely a weird thing to suggest the west needs to breed more

Might not be fascist by definition, but it's definitely a weird thing to suggest the west needs to breed more
Elon musk thinks it’s the biggest threat to humanity.

The rate of reproduction is declining in Europe. It’s not an immediate problem but it will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.