Is fast food dead?

Waste of time going to Macdonalds these days. They seem to jut want to fulfill the just eats / Uber eats orders. Everyone else can wait. Stopped myself and a few people I know from going

Which often come stone cold and taste bland. I won’t order again from app for any of the takeaways nowadays.

I dont' usually get that much fast food but I have had the misfortune to go to McDonalds three times in the last 5 or 6 weeks, everytime I have gone through the drive through and been told that i'll have to wait in one of the waiting bays. Last night took the piss when I waited for 10 minutes for two Big Mac meals, then some spotty little twat came out, grunted at me and fucked off.

The one thing that I used to give them credit for was the speed of their service but no more.

I don't expect too much from a fast food drive through but surely the food to arrive fast isn't too much to ask for.

the increase in services like uber eats/deliveroo and more have really made fast food joints 'worse'

the increase in services like uber eats/deliveroo and more have really made fast food joints 'worse'
It staggers me how many people order take away food for home delivery. Never done it but even the best fish and chips is crap after being wrapped up for five minutes never mind 20. My partner's son lived in a (very expensive) tower block in Salford until very recently and every time we went around there there were loads of deliveroo and uber deliveries going on. And I agree that having to wait while delivery orders are prepared is frustrating

The food in many cases isn't worth going out for now, having it delivered is just accepting something that it slightly more shit.
...and usually cold.

The problem with the majority of fast food joints is the delivery services. The footprint of the 'restaurant' was designed around customers going in to purchase their food, and either sit in, or take away. And even though they've modified the serving area in some places, the kitchens simply do not have the peak time capacity to deal with the home delivery customers on top of walk-ins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.