Is fast food dead?

Horse is still on many many French menus

The difference is that they tell you it's Horse, at the very basic level if you order cheese and onion crisps you wouldn't be happy if they thought fuck it give him prawn cocktail :)

It's not a moral argument for me it's an ingredient argument.

I really dislike all fast food. The smell, the taste, contributing to the obesity issue and all the environmental effects of the package wasteage.
If I got a 150 fine for one cig end I put on the floor in Manchester City Centre last week then I trust EVERY FUCKER that pollutes our streets with this shite gets a 1 grand fine. At least!! ;-)

don't disagree - just don't have it deliveroo'd !
Don’t have it delivered at all.Always better getting it home as quick as possible I ‘d also say though even taking a decent fish and chips home to eat isn’t great, tends to start going soggy, tastes much better eaten outdoors straight away,preferably on a sea front..

Don’t have it delivered at all.Always better getting it home as quick as possible I ‘d also say though even taking a decent fish and chips home to eat isn’t great, tends to start going soggy, tastes much better eaten outdoors straight away,preferably on a sea front..

If you are getting it from a chippy and taking it home get the Fish separate.

Keep the price affordable, and it will still thrive.
Case in point
I used the same Indian takeaway (on the edge of Warrington town centre) for 20 years. It was always busy, with people in the shop, and loads of phone orders. The last few months of 2023, the quality went down, and in early 24 it closed.

A month later, it reopened under new management, and I saw an opening weekend offer on the internet.
50% off your bill.
Fucking hell, it needed it.
Mrs Goldblatt is fond of king prawn curries. Hers was £12.50 without any rice/naan/chips etc. EXTORTION.

Needless to say, we haven't been back

When I've walked past the place (at peak time), there's no-one in there, and the chefs are standing around.

They class themselves as "contemporary".....in other words, "we'll jack the prices up"

Shame, as they were good curries, but at that price, they're taking the slash

AA Gill the Times food critic described fish and chips as race to eat it as soon as possible out of the fryer, he was right. (think he was reviewing Whitby)

Keep the price affordable, and it will still thrive.
Case in point
I used the same Indian takeaway (on the edge of Warrington town centre) for 20 years. It was always busy, with people in the shop, and loads of phone orders. The last few months of 2023, the quality went down, and in early 24 it closed.

A month later, it reopened under new management, and I saw an opening weekend offer on the internet.
50% off your bill.
Fucking hell, it needed it.
Mrs Goldblatt is fond of king prawn curries. Hers was £12.50 without any rice/naan/chips etc. EXTORTION.

Needless to say, we haven't been back

When I've walked past the place (at peak time), there's no-one in there, and the chefs are standing around.

They class themselves as "contemporary".....in other words, "we'll jack the prices up"

Shame, as they were good curries, but at that price, they're taking the slash
It isn’t all profit though all cooked food outlets have seen their enegy and ingredient prices rocket in the last 18 months. I’ve been lucky as my energy prices were fixed for 5 years just before the big increases I’ve seen others go from £3000 ish to over £6000.Some ingredients have also more than doubled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.