Is football corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
CBlue said:
The cookie monster said:
Does a jockey earn £250'000 a week?
Did the player always earn 250k per week? What if one of these fixers knew the player when he was playing for peanuts? Should he declare that he was involved in match fixing before signing the 250k contract? How do you think his employer would feel about this?
It's been documented that City now do a lot of due diligence before signing any new players - this isn't only restricted to their on field performances - they want to know everything they can about his character - do you think there may be a reason for this?
Let me ask you this
Do you think khaldoun is in on it too?
I'm not sure what you mean by "in on it"? I would be very surprised that a man of his standing & in the position that he has isn't aware of these things. Approximately 25% of players in Europe have admitted to being involved - if he isn't aware then he fucking should be! I think City do their best - like I said - they produce a detailed dossier for each player they are looking to sign.

Any thing with money involved lends itself to an element of corruption.
Any sport with the amount of money football has definitely lents itself to corruption.
Any thing where one man (Ferguson) has as much power as he does, lends itself to corruption.

For these reasons, corruption can't be completely dismissed.

That being said, I don't think it goes on. Or certainly not to the extent some people suggest.
Are referees fearful of Ferguson and his manipulation in making or breaking their careers- yes. But that is as far as it goes I think.

People hark on about corruption after every decision. But if roles were reversed, and United were given that last min pen last night, people on here would be saying 'corruption, uefa will do whatever they can to keep united in the competition, even when they don't deserve it' almost definitely.
Likewise, were we disallowed a goal on saturday, identical to Nolans, imagine the outcry on here.

Think about things before you post. If there was that much of an agenda 5 mins wouldn't have been played at the end of last season against QPR.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
CBlue said:
The cookie monster said:
Did the player always earn 250k per week? What if one of these fixers knew the player when he was playing for peanuts? Should he declare that he was involved in match fixing before signing the 250k contract? How do you think his employer would feel about this?
It's been documented that City now do a lot of due diligence before signing any new players - this isn't only restricted to their on field performances - they want to know everything they can about his character - do you think there may be a reason for this?
Most probably because you wouldn't want to spend £40 million on someone who is a crazy mofo and talks about conspiracies all the time or something like that. See the problem is most "great" players are earning very good money from the day they sign there first contract. They have no need to be corrupted, okay some might just be stupid and do it but the days of corruption to players pretty much went with the Sky contracts
No, we just spend £24m on an out and out nutter from Italy who likes to blow his bathroom up.

They're all at it, every one of them is on the take. It's worse the MPs and their expenses.

strongbowholic said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
CBlue said:
Most probably because you wouldn't want to spend £40 million on someone who is a crazy mofo and talks about conspiracies all the time or something like that. See the problem is most "great" players are earning very good money from the day they sign there first contract. They have no need to be corrupted, okay some might just be stupid and do it but the days of corruption to players pretty much went with the Sky contracts
No, we just spend £24m on an out and out nutter from Italy who likes to blow his bathroom up.

They're all at it, every one of them is on the take. It's worse the MPs and their expenses.
Any chance you could narrow this down for me

CBlue said:
The cookie monster said:
CBlue said:
Let me ask you this
I'm not sure what you mean by "in on it"? I would be very surprised that a man of his standing & in the position that he has isn't aware of these things. Approximately 25% of players in Europe have admitted to being involved - if he isn't aware then he fucking should be! I think City do their best - like I said - they produce a detailed dossier for each player they are looking to sign.

I mean do you think fifa or the triads have got hold of khaldoun and turned him corrupt
Then he has instructed mancini who has then told platt & kidd to tell the players to put a poor shift in

Makes sense when you think about it
Just a thought.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
CBlue said:
The cookie monster said:
Do you think that all players who sign a big contract with a club are supporters? Some don't give a shit - take Robinho as an example or look at the Russian league - how many players are on massive contracts in that league - are you trying to tell me that the Russian league isn't corrupt because Eto plays there & is on al ot of money? Others may be pissed off that x at the club is paid more than them. Also, it's not always the "great" players that you need to worry about.

The cookie monster said:
CBlue said:
The cookie monster said:
Let me ask you this

I mean do you think fifa or the triads have got hold of khaldoun and turned him corrupt
Then he has instructed mancini who has then told platt & kidd to tell the players to put a poor shift in

Just a thought.

Khaldoun clearly needs triad money,being one of the richest 20 blokes on the planet.
The bastard tried to cheat me at cribbage on the one occasion he went to Mary D's,and that was for a penny a hole.
Fuck him off and get that Shinywater bloke back.
Nobody could say he was corrupt.

The cookie monster said:
CBlue said:
The cookie monster said:
Let me ask you this

Just a thought.

I like the second line (LOL) because maybe the players would get confused if they heard it from RM directly and do the opposite.

Maybe all our entire first team squad should take lessons in Italian in the plenty of spare time they have between using their wifi devices.

CBlue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
CBlue said:
Do you think that all players who sign a big contract with a club are supporters? Some don't give a shit - take Robinho as an example or look at the Russian league - how many players are on massive contracts in that league - are you trying to tell me that the Russian league isn't corrupt because Eto plays there & is on al ot of money? Others may be pissed off that x at the club is paid more than them. Also, it's not always the "great" players that you need to worry about.

I think you need to let this drop mate. You are starting to sound just teeny weeny bit obsessed and dare I say it, odd.

BWTAC said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
sjk2008 said:
For a moment, I though you meant the NWA. Although saying that, the way this thread has gone these last few pages, it wouldn't surprise me to hear suggestion that they were in on it.

NWA - Straight Outta Beswick.
City are the new Public Enemy.
Do believe the hype,muthafuckas.

Word.

Respec' Blud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.