Is getting drunk worth the hangover?

I expect it will shorten my life, but I love getting pissed - and I love being pissed in amazing places. Some of my best moments whilst alive (although definitely not most) have been when pissed.

Find I can function far much more effectively now after a night on the piss at 49 than when I was in my twenties. It’s a bit freakish, if I’m being honest.

Drains me for days and plays havoc with my mental health. Try and limit to 3 pints at the football, if I ever do drink, anything over this and I don't feel right for days. Used to get black out drunk a lot as a teenager and had some good laughs, but I find alcohol a waste of money now.

It's fun when you're young and daft, but not when you're old (and daft).

Up all night peeing the beer out, headache, probably vomiting, loose bowels and a raging thirst. (Btw why do you get a thirst after imbibing a quantity of ale?) Plus, it's expensive. |Much better to have a hot Bovril and a club biscuit.

Since I turned 30 the hangovers got replaced by comedowns.
Still like a good session on the ale with the boys at weekend but I’m 34 now and the last couple of years been struggling with the fear! I went out Saturday night and Im still not right tinged with fear and regret Tuesday morning!
I think the money spent nowadays doesn’t help, it’s at least a ton every time I’m out.

I expect it will shorten my life, but I love getting pissed - and I love being pissed in amazing places. Some of my best moments whilst alive (although definitely not most) have been when pissed.

Find I can function far much more effectively now after a night on the piss at 49 than when I was in my twenties. It’s a bit freakish, if I’m being honest.

So what are your best moments whilst being dead ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.