Is getting drunk worth the hangover?

Good god - not been drunk for a good while but a long day on it yesterday and feel like death warmed up today.

Vowed not to get like this again! Gets harder as you get older.
Me and a mate once heard that going cold turkey from heroine is like a bad hangover. To which our immediate reaction - in unison - was "wow, as bad as THAT"???!

Not anymore. There’s a fine line having just the right amount these days. Fek, I think back to before all day opening and would regularly sink 10 pints on an Friday evening sess., get up for work on Saturday, another 10 on Saturday evening then get up for Sunday league game.

I still have the odd night where I drink like I did in my late 20’s early 30’s. To say I am buckled for a couple of days is an insult to buckles.

I find it an e tremendous effort even lying on the couch moaning like fuck about everything.

I would say no, but, there are times when a great day or night makes it tolerable.

I went back to bed after the Liverpool match today. Still there now so I share your pain. I'm 51 so should know better. I'm aching all over.

Depends.

If the next day (or two is even better) can be strategically planned so I have absolutely nothing to do / see to, most definitely. I can just wallow

If the next day has any kind of task or woe betide is a ‘work day’, then it’s a definite no from me because that is fucking horrific.

Did the one dayer in Lyon a while back. On the piss all day, hardly any scran and no sleep for 24 hours.

Felt like Ian Curtis for 4 days straight afterwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.