Is it better to be ignorant ?

I think watching TV News and reading the Liepapers can have a depressive effect. The Liepapers in particular have an agenda to make us hate someone. That someone varies a bit, but it's always someone.

but surely the liepapers would be better than hoax YouTube videos and agenda ridden social media bots. People are choosing the latter over real news (as bad as they can be sometimes)

I haven’t watched a news bulletin since the end of March.
I made a deliberate choice to avoid the doom fest that the broadcast media love to promote every night.
I don’t watch Question Time any more since it ceased to be a debate show and became a shout fest.
I don’t do twitter or any of the other fake news / conspiracy promoting sites.
I read two broadsheet newspapers every day.
I occasionally listen to Radio 4 news bulletins.

Shit happens.

My anxiety and depression was brought on by personal issues. They’ve been worked on now and I wouldn’t expect another breakdown due to a global pandemic or disaster.

I envy the ignorant at times. I really do. Their lives must be so much easier, but I doubt they'll actually be happier though. The flipside I guess is that while, yes, they may not feel the concern or sadness others do, their happiness also usually means less as that same ignorance also most likely affects their ability to appreciate the good things that do happen to them. So while I do often envy it, I quickly realise I'd much rather live my life instead. I'm convinced it's a lot more worthwhile emotionally.

Definitely better to be ignorant.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I think covid 19 is a test run to see how obedient and subservient we would become when faced with a pandemic threat, how we would cope with fear, how far we would allow our basic freedoms to be snatched away, how we would trust the word of authority without question, how we would become suspicious of our fellow human being, how far we would believe media output.

Seems to have worked a treat so far, we've all been reeled in.

So I'm m staying ignorant as the mortgage is paid of next year and after that the world can go fuck itself.

I envy the ignorant at times. I really do. Their lives must be so much easier, but I doubt they'll actually be happier though. The flipside I guess is that while, yes, they may not feel the concern or sadness others do, their happiness also usually means less as that same ignorance also most likely affects their ability to appreciate the good things that do happen to them. So while I do often envy it, I quickly realise I'd much rather live my life instead. I'm convinced it's a lot more worthwhile emotionally.

No idea why you would think that more ignorance equals less ability to appreciate the good things in life as I live my life and I'm very happy. I leave the worrying to the missus. If I can't do anything about it then why get in a fret about it?

What you are saying is you need the full emotional gambit to experience life to the full. That's bullshit. I would suggest that wringing your hands at every opportunity means you are not living your life to the full.

Definitely better to be ignorant.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I think covid 19 is a test run to see how obedient and subservient we would become when faced with a pandemic threat, how we would cope with fear, how far we would allow our basic freedoms to be snatched away, how we would trust the word of authority without question, how we would become suspicious of our fellow human being, how far we would believe media output.

Seems to have worked a treat so far, we've all been reeled in.

So I'm m staying ignorant as the mortgage is paid of next year and after that the world can go fuck itself.
Fucking melon.

It’s one small blessing from having ASD, ADHD, FND, very low intelligence and possible brain damage. I never remember anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.