Is it just me that thinks the ejections are justified?

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Pretty sure somebody on here will come forward and tell you that they were ejected for actually committing an offence, if that's the correct phrasing. They will accept an ejection is justified, and the right course of action.

But in some cases, like swp80's, then getting kicked out the ground and having your card taken away from you seems a little over the top.
I always wonder why anyone would give up there season card to a steward or anyone else for that matter, what do they threaten you with, why not give a false name and say your mate has your card, even if they involve the police I recon they would just want you out and would not be arsed with questioning etc

swp80 said:
tazmancblue said:
Alex, there were two of the normal stewards and one of the supervisors of the normal stewards who said that you had done nothing. I was on my way to the loo when the ShowSec blokes just pointed at the three of you and then asked you to leave with them. They had no evidence whatsoever!
I wonder if these were the same stewards thar mr fletcher said were adimant to have seen us smoking but didnt eject us because they were "dealing" with something else

No, they said they didn't know what was happening and were surprised. They even went and got the supervisor for me who then went to investigate. One of them is the steward for our block and is a sound guy. If he had told them you were smloking, he would have told us there and then that it was the reason.

SouthStand211 said:
Let's face it, you go into the South Stand toilets and the large groups of people drinking tins and smoking weed telling the stewards to fuck off knowing that they intimidate in numbers are gutless little f*ckers... They are no doubt first to cry when banned and plead their innocence.

Equally bad are those BM members who throw out the line 'email Peter Fletcher and grove and you'll get your ticket back". You do NOT get thrown out for standing there doing nothing. No smoke without fire.

Natural justice demands that the evidence is put on the table. This seems not to happen. The word of a steward seems to be all that is required. Would never happen legally. Also, fans are regarded as guilty and then have to prove their innocence. The word of a steward is worth more than a customer with decades of service.

Whilst I was queuing for the semi tickets, corralled in between those barriers, with the black-clad, earpiece-fixed skinheads stewarding the customers, I thought that it had overtones of a prison regime - an enlightened prison regime but still a whiff of 'behave yerself or else'!

No problems with fans being thrown out IF it can be proved beyond reasonable doubt they have committed an offence.

Hearsay wouldn't stand up in a court of law so why should it at City?

Fletcher is ex job and probably spent his whole career not that arsed about factual evidence so we shouldn't be too surprised really.

This is a numbers game to show they are dealing with a smoking problem and they don't care if you have been smoking, they just want to eject a set number of fans to make it look like they are dealing with it.

Fucking scandalous behaviour from a shit house man and his band of ever so brave stewards.

People who are ejected for an 'offence' have no cause for complaint.

Those who are ejected for no reason, because someone has made an error, have a very big cause for complaint.

If it were me I'd be writing to Cook and the Chairman, setting out my innocence, including character witness statements (for example someone saying they'd known me for 25 years and that I never smoked) DEMANDING (not requesting) a full apology and compensation for inconvenience, public humiliation and (in effect) false arrest. What's more if I didn't receive satisfaction I'd be down the no-win, no fee solicitor or the small claims court with an action for every penny I'd lost in consequence, including a sum for the injury to my reputation. And, as I'd lay £50 to a penny that their 'evidence' would be totally inadequate, I'm confident I'd win.

blueinsa said:
No problems with fans being thrown out IF it can be proved beyond reasonable doubt they have committed an offence.

Hearsay wouldn't stand up in a court of law so why should it at City?
Fletcher is ex job and probably spent his whole career not that arsed about factual evidence so we shouldn't be too surprised really.

This is a numbers game to show they are dealing with a smoking problem and they don't care if you have been smoking, they just want to eject a set number of fans to make it look like they are dealing with it.

Fucking scandalous behaviour from a shit house man and his band of ever so brave stewards.

I think they split up years ago after they won pop idol? I know one of them is in Corrie...Does anyone know where they rest are?

iv been kicked out in the past in my younger more immature years and so be it you do feel gutted. recently at reading though i was 'ejected' for absolutely nothing at all. The explanation was for standing in the 3rd tier. I stood when city attacked and got a corner in the first 10 mins or so. no warning nothin it was when i went to the pisser three stewards tried man handling me out.

COMS is on it's arse, i go down and am not too fussed if i go in or not some games because of stuff like this. I much rather prefer keeping my money going on an away trip have a laugh, few drinks and have a good day out and ENJOY what i'm paying my hard earned cash on

big blueballs said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Pretty sure somebody on here will come forward and tell you that they were ejected for actually committing an offence, if that's the correct phrasing. They will accept an ejection is justified, and the right course of action.

But in some cases, like swp80's, then getting kicked out the ground and having your card taken away from you seems a little over the top.
I always wonder why anyone would give up there season card to a steward or anyone else for that matter, what do they threaten you with, why not give a false name and say your mate has your card, even if they involve the police I recon they would just want you out and would not be arsed with questioning etc

I've got to say, I have often thought that I would think of an excuse on the spot. Fuck, I even have one ready if ever the time arrives.

im_still_here said:
Breadsnapper said:
On what grounds do they take your season card? If they ask you for it and you refuse what can they do?
With regards to the smoking, drinking etc then the get out for the club is that on entering the stadium you accept their terms and conditions. I do feel that football fans get treated like vermin for the privilage of paying a fortune for tickets.

We are treated as criminals.
I have said this many times. As a an identified group we are not even given basic human rights. We are fair game for any one who wants to rip us off, Police Brutality and excessive sentenceing by the courts. In the eyes of those in authority we can never be innocent because we are football fans!

SouthStand211 said:
Let's face it, you go into the South Stand toilets and the large groups of people drinking tins and smoking weed telling the stewards to fuck off knowing that they intimidate in numbers are gutless little f*ckers... They are no doubt first to cry when banned and plead their innocence.

Equally bad are those BM members who throw out the line 'email Peter Fletcher and grove and you'll get your ticket back". You do NOT get thrown out for standing there doing nothing. No smoke without fire.
bet your a laugh on a night out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.