Is it just me

pop into the matchday thread as I dont have BT or Sky.
But I normally have my son here so it's not to bad we can chat to each other, or if out he will WhatsApp me about the game, he normally moans more than me lol...

Here's our our chat before our goal on Wednesday

20201129_180012.jpg

I've said this before. When you actually go to the game, you tend to not get anywhere near as worked up, certainly not once the whistle has blown. When you watch on the TV, you get far more worked up and critical.
A lot of truth to this. I normally walk back into town, and I've more often than not I've put the match behind me by the time I'm having a beer in The Piccadilly Tap. It's hard to shift the funk when we are on telly.

If I watch a match using NowTV I am normally stressed before the game kicks off due to how flakey and expensive their service is. At least doing this means I normally miss the pre-match punditry.

I've left Mrs Ewing with Final Score on in the kitchen. Dublin is on telling us what the game is "all about"! Wonder why he's never gone into management if he has such a simple handle on it. And then there's the oft gratuitous mention of MANUre. Yeovil are playing today and it prompted the commentator to mention that they once beat United. Can't stand the coverage of much of football these days. Watched EFC yesterday with the mute on until Dirty Leeds scored and then gave it up. The Dipper, Rag and Newbies Love-In (this season Leeds, last season Wolverhampton/SheffU) is a complete turnoff! And the introduction of a woman pundit, summariser, co-commentator at every fuckin' turn does nothing but push me further 'n further from the game.
Time was when you used to go to watch football to get away from women for a while...
(Exceptions being Helen and tits out Jackie!)

I've left Mrs Ewing with Final Score on in the kitchen. Dublin is on telling us what the game is "all about"! Wonder why he's never gone into management if he has such a simple handle on it. And then there's the oft gratuitous mention of MANUre. Yeovil are playing today and it prompted the commentator to mention that they once beat United. Can't stand the coverage of much of football these days. Watched EFC yesterday with the mute on until Dirty Leeds scored and then gave it up. The Dipper, Rag and Newbies Love-In (this season Leeds, last season Wolverhampton/SheffU) is a complete turnoff! And the introduction of a woman pundit, summariser, co-commentator at every fuckin' turn does nothing but push me further 'n further from the game.
My advice for next time is to turn off the sound and take Mrs Ewing by surprise over the kitchen table.

Oh and that’s tonight in case you need to, erm, prepare.

Or does watching City on telly make you hyper critical. Before COVID I went to just about every game, so I have very rarely watched us live on telly. I thought to myself yesterday at 5 0 up, when I was moaning again about a misplaced pass, that I need to get a grip. I seem to be turning into the sort of critical, entitled tosser I’ve always despised. I think it is the lack of atmosphere, forensic TV coverage, none of the usual mates to sit with, no day out etc. Now you just sit expectantly on the sofa and expect perfection, in team selections, performance, everything. It is bollocks and hopefully it is just down to the stresses of lockdown, with which I am struggling tbh. And, whilst he won’t ever have his shirt on my wall, sorry Mahrez, for my meltdown yesterday when you got picked.
It's a very fair point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.