Is it Mancini's brand of football that gets fans backs up?

The main problems with the team are Mancini's Style of play and that our central midfield is no good. For all De jong's plus points, he's limited and always prone to playing too deep, YaYa is just not suited to the role Mancini wants him to play, great when he makes those runs but he never does it enough.
Mancini isn't the man to get the best out of these players IMO.

It isn't the brand of football which makes me a Mancini cynic. I'll play any way as long as we win as many games as we should.

My doubts are in his ability to mould a team which fulfills and exceeds its potential. This year is his biggest year. He has all the building blocks and no excuses. I think he has the best squad in the country.

His big test is now: can he win the league with this bunch of players?

I think it takes a very special person to be a manager of big club. It is compounded with the fortune he has at his disposal and the media attention which it inevitably brings.

However Mancini has had intense pressure for many years (Inter) and is very cool under it. I believe he is the best person to deliver at least the next 2 years of this project to make City one of the best teams in the world.

If he takes us through this transition then he deserves his chance at taking us further. I think we have to suffer through the transition and support at all times their efforts.

It is once we have arrived at this stage and the players have that winning at all costs mentality , then we can ask for a different brand of football. Until then I am happy to sit back and expect to win every match as opposed to decades of biting my nails and praying for us to win.

Didsbury Dave said:
It isn't the brand of football which makes me a Mancini cynic. I'll play any way as long as we win as many games as we should.

My doubts are in his ability to mould a team which fulfills and exceeds its potential. This year is his biggest year. He has all the building blocks and no excuses. I think he has the best squad in the country.

With my blue tinted glasses off my answer is...........No

The above is just my humble opinion but i suppose some already knew that?

icemanbops said:
However Mancini has had intense pressure for many years (Inter) and is very cool under it.

I don't think he's cool under pressure at all, personally, I think he loses his cool too easily. The Mario friendly substitution was a bad decision taken under the red mist. When we are at the business end of big games he loses his cool on the touchline too.

I think it's a bit too early to judge our style based on a friendly, I don't expect much to change with regards formation however the personnel we will have at our disposal shortly should, in theory, make the system much more attractive to the eye.

Once Aguero, Nasri and Mr.X are integrated then I expect us to retain possession and move the ball about much better than we did on Sunday.

Danamy said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Yet he managed to win the Serie A in front of the Champions League winners that year?

Rammy Blue said:
I think it's a bit too early to judge our style based on a friendly, I don't expect much to change with regards formation however the personnel we will have at our disposal shortly should, in theory, make the system much more attractive to the eye.

Once Aguero, Nasri and Mr.X are integrated then I expect us to retain possession and move the ball about much better than we did on Sunday.
The op was made in march not after the friendly.

The style of play is getting better, but I'm really concerned that we dont control games as much as we should

Damocles said:
Danamy said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Yet he managed to win the Serie A in front of the Champions League winners that year?

Dam i respect your opinion on Mancini and i don't want to cover old ground as you know my opinion of him.

I'm willing to give him time and i've never wanted to be more wrong about anything in my life, i'm just not convinced he's got that extra something to win us the title or the champs league.

I pray you quote me on this next May!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.