Is it Mancini's brand of football that gets fans backs up?

To quote myself from a thread over at the transfer forum:

When we brought in Dzeko I thought we finally had our deadly spearhead in the team. I assumed his job and position would be right up there in the middle, banging in goals. But apparently I was wrong.
His prime asset is his finishing, he's a killer so to speak, with both head and feet. To place him out wide is to take away everything which makes him a great talent.

I'd love to see him at the point in a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, and let the man dominate that central area in front of the opponents goal. He should be the main man everyone is looking to to score goals.

I think we could be so much better than what we are from time to time (too often). We could play a much more attractive and attack-minded game if we wanted to.

Maybe something like this with the current squad:

--------------------Hart------------------------
Micah----Boateng-----Kompany----Kolarov
----------------- De Jong ---------------------
---- YaYa----------------------Milner----------
---------Adam J------------Silva---------------
------------------- Dzeko ----------------------

I discuss this formation further in the Original thread.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=210878&start=70" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=210878&start=70</a>

If he hasn't realised that a quicker game with more pressing is needed to succeed in winning this title and trophies, then he is going to get sacked by the end of next season.

GStar said:
We have a fantastic squad, playing at a pedestrian, unimaginative, uninterested pace.

When we pass and move and keep the tempo high, we look good, we score goals, we win matches.

When we don't we hang on and rely on individual moments of brilliance.

Mancini has showed no long term plan to change from the kind of football which, whilst making us generally hard to beat, will also make sure we never realistically continuously challenge for top honours.

Top teams dictate the game, they don't let their opponents dictate them. Mancini allowed WIgan to dictate the game, and they should have punished us, along with a string of other matches.

I really don't see why he persists with this, it failed us last season when he promised CL and it's failed this season when we should really have been right up there at the top.
Spot on his approach seems to be to always react when we do start games really well and score goals we seem to stop trying and just invite pressure.

Do you want style or do you wants wins?

I want the latter, and with Mancini we will get that.

Joga Bonito said:

When? Cause right now were are playing worse than we have all season, are about to get booted from euro, and a couple games from being out of everything unless we do a 180 and get back on track. Thought we would with Fulham, nope, then Wigan, nope. Then thought squeeze a draw outta Kiev, nope. I PRAY we get past reading cause they will be playing their absolute best. Then we have Chelsea in what may be the biggest game of our season. Just dont see mancini firing everyone up and playing well. Its been a the whole new year so far with shit football.

Joga Bonito said:

are u dumb do u think this style is working every team in the prem has figured it out

cityboy1 said:
Joga Bonito said:

are u dumb do u think this style is working every team in the prem has figured it out

How is it we're third in the league then?

moomba said:
cityboy1 said:

How is it we're third in the league then?
chelsea shit,liverpool imploded,cock ups by the other teams and tevez

i actually thought we could win the epl before this season began with the rags having the worst squad they've had in years and as the season went on i thought we had more of a chance with wat happened 2 liverpool and chelsea

You;ll never hear me complain about a game where we control the game to go 1-0 up, then hold the ball without creating too much, but keeping the ball from the opposition.

But we're not doing that.

cityboy1 said:
chelsea shit,liverpool imploded,cock ups by the other teams and tevez

i actually thought we could win the epl before this season began with the rags having the worst squad they've had in years and as the season went on i thought we had more of a chance with wat happened 2 liverpool and chelsea

Do you read the daily star on a daily basis?

I'm sick of these cliches. It's time football fans started thinking for themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.