Is it Mancini's brand of football that gets fans backs up?

Soulboy said:
ST Coleridge said:
Oh Lordy. No mate, Mancini doesn't really play tiki taka, but Barca and Spain do. The previous poster asked that Mancini take his tippy tappy (sic) and fuck off back to Italia (sic). I wasn't making a comparison between City and Barca.

I reckon great thinkers like yourself, with your encyclopaedic knowledge of the game, might be in the majority on this thread. You should stick around and make friends, maybe arrange a key-swapping party or something for tomorrow night.

Actually, "tippy-tappy" and "Tiki Taka" are two completely separate things!

I've used the phrase "tippy tappy" for the best part of 30 years, long before Barca and Spain invented their own version of it! You're obviously not from around here!

Tippy tappy is the antithesis of Tiki Taka... it's about looking pretty without ever looking effective... which certainly can't be levelled against Barca or Spain!

It's always nice to help out...

Bah! I got completely owned.

GStar said:
We have a fantastic squad, playing at a pedestrian, unimaginative, uninterested pace.

When we pass and move and keep the tempo high, we look good, we score goals, we win matches.

When we don't we hang on and rely on individual moments of brilliance.

Mancini has showed no long term plan to change from the kind of football which, whilst making us generally hard to beat, will also make sure we never realistically continuously challenge for top honours.

Top teams dictate the game, they don't let their opponents dictate them. Mancini allowed WIgan to dictate the game, and they should have punished us, along with a string of other matches.

I really don't see why he persists with this, it failed us last season when he promised CL and it's failed this season when we should really have been right up there at the top.
i don't need to post as you said it all. spot on.

I dont get to many games these days, so maybe I'm seeing things wrong and a regular can put me right... but from what I have seen Mancini seems to spend most of his time on the sidelines shouting and gesturing at the players to push up and get forward?
He looks as frustrated as the rest of us!

GStar said:
We have a fantastic squad, playing at a pedestrian, unimaginative, uninterested pace.

When we pass and move and keep the tempo high, we look good, we score goals, we win matches.

When we don't we hang on and rely on individual moments of brilliance.

Mancini has showed no long term plan to change from the kind of football which, whilst making us generally hard to beat, will also make sure we never realistically continuously challenge for top honours.

Top teams dictate the game, they don't let their opponents dictate them. Mancini allowed WIgan to dictate the game, and they should have punished us, along with a string of other matches.

I really don't see why he persists with this, it failed us last season when he promised CL and it's failed this season when we should really have been right up there at the top.

Absolutely spot on. 1 of the very few posts I totally agree with nowadays

jacko74 said:
I dont get to many games these days, so maybe I'm seeing things wrong and a regular can put me right... but from what I have seen Mancini seems to spend most of his time on the sidelines shouting and gesturing at the players to push up and get forward?
He looks as frustrated as the rest of us!

doesnt that show that he is a bad manager then? if he cant put his stamp of play on him signings? new managers can transform a club over a summer, or even weeks. mancini is struggling after 15 months

Billy Spurdle said:
Anyone who thinks Mancini's style of play is meant to be slow & unimaginative is clearly deluded.

Listen to post-match interviews where, on numerous occasions, RM & Platt have talked about "moving the ball quicker". That's what they want - fast, probing then incisive football. When we do this we look very good.
We need to do it a LOT more to be consistent & I'm confident that this will happen in time.

So please stfu about the boring, italian-style football. It's just crap.

If it's taking him this long to get through to the players what he expects of them then he's fighting a losing battle to be honest.

What you people don't understand is, Rome wasn't built in a day!

mcfcliam said:
Not just that.

His poor man management and inconsistency are the first issues what spring to mind.

shadygiz said:

Skashion said:
It definitely does piss off some fans but I couldn't care less about that. Our style of play certainly doesn't bore me. Our problems are that we're not punishing teams enough when we do break through and we're still lacking a Plan B - which I had expected to materialise when Dzeko signed, especially with Kolarov crosses coming in, which infuriatingly no-one has scored from yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.