Is it Mancini's brand of football that gets fans backs up?

Bluemoon115 said:
You;ll never hear me complain about a game where we control the game to go 1-0 up, then hold the ball without creating too much, but keeping the ball from the opposition.

But we're not doing that.
this is why mancini has to change his tactics its clearly not working

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Wheelsy said:
When it's played well, we look brilliant. When it's not, we look absolutely turgid, just stroking the ball sideways along the midfield.

No-one seems to make a run off the ball anymore. They're definitely a scarce occurance.

What I also don't like is the sort of deflection tactics used on the OS. For instance, the last few points were about the City fans and almost saying we're not supporting the team enough. But it's a two-way street, where the fans will get behind the team if they're playing well — or failing that, at least looking like they can be arsed.

Were we not at our best with Tevez on his own up top,Silva in a free role and Yaya attacking strongly from the middle? Mario and Dzeko have come in and it seems Mancini is trying to accomodate 1 if not both of them and the system is different and failing.
Nail on head, this is where our system has fallen apart, tevez is our most lethal striker & he`s being forced to go further & further back to accomodate dzecko or balotelli, its failed & makes me think that we are preparing for life without tevez,a huge mistake.

moomba said:
cityboy1 said:
are u dumb do u think this style is working every team in the prem has figured it out

How is it we're third in the league then?

Good point, with Utd's away record, Chelsea's half season crisis, Liverpool slumming in the bottom half til Xmas and Arsenal having endured injuries to Fabregas/RVP/Vermalean and without a decent keeper/CB...

...How is it we're only third in the league?

GStar said:
moomba said:

Good point, with Utd's away record, Chelsea's half season crisis, Liverpool slumming in the bottom half til Xmas and Arsenal having endured injuries to Fabregas/RVP/Vermalean and without a decent keeper/CB...

Great post!

OWNED!

Billy Spurdle said:
Anyone who thinks Mancini's style of play is meant to be slow & unimaginative is clearly deluded.

Listen to post-match interviews where, on numerous occasions, RM & Platt have talked about "moving the ball quicker". That's what they want - fast, probing then incisive football.

Mancini has had 15 months to get his "moving the ball quicker" style of play sorted. THe fact that he hasn't doesn't say much for his managerial abilities, does it?

When we do this we look very good.

How many matches this season have we done this? I can only think of about 3. Pathetic!

GStar said:
moomba said:

Spot on. The standard at the top this season is lower than it has been in previous seasons (and thank fuck for us that it has been!). United have been poor away from OT (phenomenal at home though,and that is why they sit at the top), Chelsea were piss poor during late autumn/early winter, Arsenal have caught our affliction (inconsistency) and the scousers were held back by Hodgson's inability to manage a ''top team''. It is infuriating when you look at our squad; there aren't many stronger collection of players in the PL. Which begs the question as to why can't RM get them to perform to their undoubted potential. I don't think anyone can argue that it isn't ''his squad'' any more, yet since the new year we have been no better than average. As I have already said, the standard overall hasn't been that high this season and we had the chance to do something really special in the league. But our painfully pedestrian style of play seems to be holding us back. Mancini seems almost afraid to let them off the leash and really have a go at teams. Wonder what he'll do next thursday when we surely have to get after Kiev from the off? Hmm.

uncletom said:
Why dont we just admit the three stooges have blown it.

xzae.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.