Is it time for a mini-rebuild?

i agree, and feel like we do need something more than normal - though I accept it is unlikely.

I’d take:
£100m for KDB from Saudi,
£60m for Ederson,
£40m for Walker,
£60m for Bernardo,
£200m for Haaland.

I think the biggest thing that comes with personal changes, is that we need shifts in shape and style of play also.
Playing Doku, or even Gvardiol, high on the left is very different to us playing with Jack there a year ago. And that change affects the defensive left hand side, which then affects a defender going into CDM with Rodri, etc etc.

Last year, by the season run-in, I could tell you our best XI, and the role everyone played in it. This season I can’t.

Last year, by the season run-in, I could tell you our best XI, and the role everyone played in it. This season I can’t.
From the run in I'd say:-
Ederson, Walker, Dias, Akanji, Guardiol, Rodri, KDB, Bernardo, Foden, Doku, Haaland.
But I think we need to buy a proper Left Back , and if we play Haaland then at least supply him the ball after he's sorted his first touch out.

From the run in I'd say:-
Ederson, Walker, Dias, Akanji, Guardiol, Rodri, KDB, Bernardo, Foden, Doku, Haaland.
But I think we need to buy a proper Left Back , and if we play Haaland then at least supply him the ball after he's sorted his first touch out.
But in the last 20 games, Doku only started 6, in the last 10 he started 3 and in the last 5 he started 1.

So he can’t be considered part of our regular strongest XI for the run in. Not in the same way that we knew who it was last season.

Kovacic started 12 of the last 20.

Well both Kevin and Pep are most likely staying put. Wonderful news for certain. Maybe a Musiala or a Frimpong are possible targets in the mix. We all hope though another extraordinary season is soon upon the horizon.

tactics again need to change/evolve. we went through some phases under Pep already very much time for next one.
this season the plan was Kovacic, Nunes being able to press well and beat pressers and find space but none of that worked really and often we opted back to last seasons tactics without Gundo, without KDB for large periods, without Mahrez and a Grealish whose form dipped a lot.

it all starts with the transfer window, we need to land our top targets. I want at least two players signed who goes into the line up and make others in the dressing room energized but also scared of their place. dont spend big on the likes of Phillips, Nunes. we need to learn from our mistakes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.