Is it time for a mini-rebuild?

I think we'll try to shift a few fringe players, like Phillips, Nunes ans Cancelo, and we'll see one big departure, being either KDB or Bermardo.

We'll target 3 or 4 high quality players (including Savio) and they will bring another slight change to our playing style.

I think we'll be champions again this time next year, without the need for a serious rebuild.

Yes, anyone would think we'd just finished the season with 19 points, not 91.
I think there's a conversation to be had about squad management and accept we are probably at a bit of a crossroads, but a 90 point+ league win, a cup final, and the latter stages of the CL penalty shootout loss to me don't suggest we should be chucking out the baby, bathwater and bath for good measure.

the rebuild will be next summer if Pep leaves. A new manager is going to want his own players or new ones that fits their play style.

I get that in the way and a manager will want his own decision on players, certain tactics against certain opposition etc… but in terms of style and general play the whole football world from Sunday league teams to the very elite are recognising the dominance Peps style gives you and how effective it is
We have a huge head start on teams in terms of perfecting it so I would want someone who wants to just continue building on what Pep has started

If it ain’t broke as they say

I think there's a conversation to be had about squad management and accept we are probably at a bit of a crossroads, but a 90 point+ league win, a cup final, and the latter stages of the CL penalty shootout loss to me don't suggest we should be chucking out the baby, bathwater and bath for good measure.
Exactly. As Pep so eloquently says, a lot of games are like the toss of a coin. Could have lost to Inter last year, might well have beat Real and United this year, might have ended close to 100 points with a bit more luck in those home draws.

As ever a lot will depend on the Bernie situation and I'm not overly confident that Kev is particularly enjoying his football, he came back from injury and looked like the Kev of old but he's not hitting the heights over the last few games.

Fingers crossed Bernie will continue and Kev will get his mojo back but, those two have big boots to fill should the worst happen.

I've been pondering Jack & Phil behind big Earl with Doku, Bobby & that Gerona lad doing most of the wing work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.