Is it time for a mini-rebuild?

I think it’s more than six? Ederson, Walker, Stones, Dias, Ake, KDB, Rodri, Bernardo & Foden ?
You're right (although technically it also includes Scott Carson!) - there were various stories last week about the six who have been with Pep since 2017/18 and so I've used that instead of double checking [doh!]. Think the basic argument still stands - this is a squad that is always being redeveloped.

We have done great things again winning the 4th title on the bounce, probably deserved to go further in the UCL, plus an FA cup final.

However I feel that we may need a refresh with quite a few changes...what do we think is needed?
Open to any ideas, with one exception, Pep must remain
Unless my eyes deceive me, isn't that what we have been doing every season.

Yes, anyone would think we'd just finished the season with 19 points, not 91.
Don't forget all the players are shit cunts as well.

Shakes head at the match day thread, the after match thread and various other threads

It’s all well and good simply stating we buy better than we lose. This has been proven to be bollocks under Pep. Clear and some have already stated we evolve by replacing a few each season for many reasons e.g. not worked as expected. Personal reasons. Or simply career now ending or we get an offer mutually acceptable etc etc
What we don’t do is carve the squad up and we also need to give new buys a year to adapt or adopt our methods etc
So this summer we could lose Phillips Bernado Walker possibly Nunes and the outside one for me could be Alvarez but for a big profit and allows Oscar to step up whereby home grown costs zero and we make a load need to be mindful of PL rules to shaft us but with our Academy we have fucked up their blueprint already

I’d expect the club to be monitoring several players to bring in who match our profile blueprints players I’d argue most on here me included might not rate and even never heard of

We have bought some extraordinary bargains in the last few years. Akanje + Alvarez + Ortega + Haaland = £82m. I hope there are some more out there.

the rebuild will be next summer if Pep leaves. A new manager is going to want his own players or new ones that fits their play style.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.