Is it wrong to put your dogs poo bags in someone elses bin?

…is the correct-ish answer!

If the bins are out and not yet been picked up, no problem, but why would anyone think it’s OK to dump shit in someone else’s bin, esp if it’s going to sit in there all week?

Begs incredulity.
I guess it depends how precious you are about your bin. We are not that bothered about ours. If shit is not acceptable what about general rubbish such as a burger wrapper?

I don't think they belong to the council. When I enquired about getting a new bin in Tameside I was told I would have to pay £26. If I was to pay that much it would definitely be mine not theirs.

Check your terms and conditions. The council still own it.

I guess it depends how precious you are about your bin. We are not that bothered about ours. If shit is not acceptable what about general rubbish such as a burger wrapper?
Precious??? Dog ahit stinks!

While you may have it in a sealed baggie, and believe it doesn’t stink, subsequent rubbish can puncture those baggies and now someone else has a bin that smells like your dog’s shit!

Why do you pick up your dog shit and put it in a sealed baggie in the first place?

Answer that question, and you might understand why no-one else wants your dog shit, either!

On the scale of neighborly actions, or being a decent member of society, putting dog shit in a baggie and disposing of it in the provided receptacle or your bin at home feels like it’s a no-brainer.

And, if it’s no problem to you, just put your bin out with a sign that says “All dog shit welcomed” …and the ambulance will show up shortly thereafter because your neighbors will think you’ve lost it!

Precious??? Dog ahit stinks!

While you may have it in a sealed baggie, and believe it doesn’t stink, subsequent rubbish can puncture those baggies and now someone else has a bin that smells like your dog’s shit!

Why do you pick up your dog shit and put it in a sealed baggie in the first place?

Answer that question, and you might understand why no-one else wants your dog shit, either!

On the scale of neighborly actions, or being a decent member of society, putting dog shit in a baggie and disposing of it in the provided receptacle or your bin at home feels like it’s a no-brainer.

And, if it’s no problem to you, just put your bin out with a sign that says “All dog shit welcomed” …and the ambulance will show up shortly thereafter because your neighbors will think you’ve lost it!
Lol, I think your taking this a tad too serious.

Lol, I think your taking this a tad too serious.
Not really, but having grown up on the shit-infested streets of various Manchester locales, I’m glad I don’t have to put up with people actually wondering out loud, in public, where they should or should not deposit the shit from their pets!

I live on a 24 acre park. Lots of dogs, lots of dog shit, lots of bins for dog shit, lots of people carrying their baggies around until they get to one of them. NO DOG SHIT WHERE IT SHOULDN’T BE!

Crazy, huh?!

It’s called society, and it’s nice to live in a decent one…or at least a decent-sized high quality bubble inside one that’s not always great!

In short, Mancs can do what they want and police themselves, but decent people don’t even need to ask the question, do they?

Not really, but having grown up on the shit-infested streets of various Manchester locales, I’m glad I don’t have to put up with people actually wondering out loud, in public, where they should or should not deposit the shit from their pets!

I live on a 24 acre park. Lots of dogs, lots of dog shit, lots of bins for dog shit, lots of people carrying their baggies around until they get to one of them. NO DOG SHIT WHERE IT SHOULDN’T BE!

Crazy, huh?!

It’s called society, and it’s nice to live in a decent one…or at least a decent-sized high quality bubble inside one that’s not always great!

In short, Mancs can do what they want and police themselves, but decent people don’t even need to ask the question, do they?
Agree 100 %

Crazy, huh?!

It's obviously passed you by that it was only ever intended as a light hearted thread to pass a bit of time while we all wait for Gundo to resign. I seriously don't think there's any need to get yourself all worked up. Have a good night. Cheers.

It's obviously passed you by that it was only ever intended as a light hearted thread to pass a bit of time while we all wait for Gundo to resign. I seriously don't think there's any need to get yourself all worked up. Have a good night. Cheers.
Not worked up at all, as I’m 4,000 miles from “the problem.”

I just know the decay I’ve seen in Manc I’ve seen over the 42 yrs I’ve been going back and forth between Mcr & Chicago, and it’s silly things like this that contribute.

Now, I didn’t live in Hale or Alderley Edge, so I saw (and stood in) my share of dog shit on the pavement, and while many people seem more responsible dog owners than they used to be, the question just seems indicative of the decline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.