Is Joleon Lescott the Real Deal.

Bigga said:
Bossman Blue said:
What good goal? The only time WH got the ball in the back of the net other than their goal the linesman flagged for offside and City stopped defending. How the hell can you blame JL for that? The flag actually went up about 2 seconds after most of the fans and players realised it was offside so even before he flagged players were already stopping chasing the player with the ball. The ref blew his whistle and WH put the ball in the net well after he blew. Even the WH fans didnt moan it was such an obvious offside.
Get off his back. hes just signed hes going nowhere so support him.

I've heard of Blue Tints, but that's just ridiculous!

The man lost a fair 50/ 50, but the way he got angled off the ball the line-o thought it was a foul! He got treated like a step child, simple as.

Lescott and Touré the best partnership at the club? Pah! Hughes will keep playing him as he's paid that much money for him and will want him to find some 'form', regardless of the mistakes.

I've never been wrong about Neds and will, again, say HE is Touré's best partner as he adapts to his colleague and has done with everyone he's partnered. That's true quality. He has everything in the game, but the 'required' height.

Never stopped the great Cannavaro, did it...?
Ned and Toure would be too small a partnership especially when Given is not the biggest Keeper around

I thought Lescott has had a very good start to the season. Vidic, Terry, Distin, Dunne all make mistakes. The goals against record is good and that's the test.

His passing is excellent as well. Might not be important for teams like Stoke, but for us we need a proper footballer at centre-half

Give him time and support and he will get better and better.

johnmc said:
lee-mcfc said:
how is it harsh.? IMO lescott is NO-WAY near worth 24mill or w.e more like 15/16mill .

"JUSTBLUE08" said he seems no better than distin and i agree!

Harsh to be questioing so early.

Tevez missed sitters against the rags and west ham. Is he worth £32m?

I agree that Lescott is not worth £24m - who is? We paid what it took to get him. We wanted prem proven.

well said John....Its his worth to us that matters, He will be part of the world cup squad..

If we win sommat this year be it Cup or title our players will be worth a 100 million each to us fans...so lets not quibble at 24 mill eh.

Marvin said:
Bigga said:
I've heard of Blue Tints, but that's just ridiculous!

The man lost a fair 50/ 50, but the way he got angled off the ball the line-o thought it was a foul! He got treated like a step child, simple as.

Lescott and Touré the best partnership at the club? Pah! Hughes will keep playing him as he's paid that much money for him and will want him to find some 'form', regardless of the mistakes.

I've never been wrong about Neds and will, again, say HE is Touré's best partner as he adapts to his colleague and has done with everyone he's partnered. That's true quality. He has everything in the game, but the 'required' height.

Never stopped the great Cannavaro, did it...?
Ned and Toure would be too small a partnership especially when Given is not the biggest Keeper around

I thought Lescott has had a very good start to the season. Vidic, Terry, Distin, Dunne all make mistakes. The goals against record is good and that's the test.

His passing is excellent as well. Might not be important for teams like Stoke, but for us we need a proper footballer at centre-half

Give him time and support and he will get better and better.

I've already took that height 'issue' into account. Dunne was not the tallest, but we were never beaten too often in the air! If it's a 'Little and Large' combo we're talking about, granted Toure and Lescott it is.

Best partnership? I've already mentioned it!!

Haven't read the whole thread, but I'm almost positive it will be full of the 'typical' City fan knee jerk bollocks about how he's shit, he's this, he's that...after how many games?

Give the lad a chance to take his jacket off FFS.

TFC said:
Haven't read the whole thread, but I'm almost positive it will be full of the 'typical' City fan knee jerk bollocks about how he's shit, he's this, he's that...after how many games?

Give the lad a chance to take his jacket off FFS.

AGREED.

i bet half the clowns on this site that slate lescott were slagging bellamy when he signed.

kiam06 said:
Lescott is the best signing of the lot.

Remember I said that, save it somewhere.

Duly saved but if we're talking about all of Hughes' signings I don't think you can go far wrong with Given.

I think the price tag has put a lot of pressure on Lescott to be a John Terry type of player for City. He needs time when we have everyone fully fit we will see how the defence will shape up regarding the best back 4. Lescott is a decent player if he wasn't English we wouldn't have paid half the price we had to for him. He can also play left back which maybe a option in some games with Kompany beside Toure when he gets fit.

i remember evras first game for united at our place, he was absolutely shite and got the hook at h/t. to judge lescott after 5 games, or whatever it is, is ridiculous. if he was that bad a player i cant see moyes fighting tooth and nail to keep him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.