Is Kolarov the weak link?

taconinja said:
Oh, how about those of us with leg deformities? Do we get to be part of your Second-Class Citizens Brigade? I'm always eager to be sorted and classified as a non-entity by people on the internet so involved in a cock-measuring contest who rather than admit that other people might have a point whichever side of the issue they're on would prefer to try to find a way to slander the opposing person.

I happen to agree with you that he has worrying deficiencies when defending. I still find your little spiel to be odious.

You took it rather seriously ....

It was a sarcastic point about brain dead city fans who back Kolarov through some twisted sense of blind faith.

Differences of opinion exist but so does self deception.

No one on this forum would put forward the following opinion.

David Silva is a poor player in our squad. Not one. It's clear cut. He isnt.

We might however have different 'opinions' about how and where he is most effective or whether he scores enough or needs to score more goals from midfield.

Unfortunately the same should apply to Kolarov. It cant be the case that some fans think it complete wank and others rate him very highly. That's not a difference of opinion it is illogical. He's either very good, average or poor at the level we operate.

The issue here is why those who continue to back him via social media platforms do so. No one is suggesting he is as poor as Tony Vaughan or David Brightwell. But in terms of our squad he is the weak link. He stands out as being particularly poor defensively and in terms of wasting possession.

-- Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:13 pm --

Colins Bellend said:
BigJoe#1 said:
Colins Bellend said:
Kolarov= Shite

Why shite? Do you dislike him?
Hes a defender who cant tackle or head a ball, wreckless to say the least and lacks concentration.
Hey but he can kick the ball really hard

Really really hard

Colins Bellend said:
BigJoe#1 said:
Colins Bellend said:
Kolarov= Shite

Hes a defender who cant tackle or head a ball, wreckless to say the least and lacks concentration.

He is a quality player in a really good squad. Some games it will be better to play Clichy, others Kolarov. This is the case all over our current squad, every position covered by quality options.

I can't understand why there are these attacks on the guy, but if it makes you feel good to keep knocking the lad - I would doubt he'd be too concerned.

Anyway, will catch you at home to Borossia Dortmund!!

BigJoe#1 said:
Colins Bellend said:
BigJoe#1 said:

He is a quality player in a really good squad. Some games it will be better to play Clichy, others Kolarov. This is the case all over our current squad, every position covered by quality options.

I can't understand why there are these attacks on the guy, but if it makes you feel good to keep knocking the lad - I would doubt he'd be too concerned.

There is never a game when it better to play Kolorov than Clichy. Never.

gio's side step said:
The issue here is why those who continue to back him via social media platforms do so. No one is suggesting he is as poor as Tony Vaughan or David Brightwell. But in terms of our squad he is the weak link. He stands out as being particularly poor defensively and in terms of wasting possession.

You put this case forward as if what youre saying is absolute fact and others only have opinion.

I would not suggest he is the best player in the side, I might even venture to suggest that he is not the best left back in the squad - however I would say he is a good player and a fantastic cover for the left back slot specifically and left side generally. On top of that yes he can kick a ball hard, really really hard, but and here's the big but, he can also kick it accurately.

I think we would struggle to find as good a player as Kolarov, a man who knows his limitations and would be prepared to be a cover player.

All about opinions but yours that suggests that people who back him because he's a City player are somewhat misguided (my opinion).

;o))

-- Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:40 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:
BigJoe#1 said:
Colins Bellend said:

There is never a game when it better to play Kolorov than Clichy. Never. YOUR OPINION

Apart from when Clichy's not there, or maybe we need more attck minded full backs as opposed to defence minded?

BigJoe#1 said:
gio's side step said:

You put this case forward as if what youre saying is absolute fact and others only have opinion.

I would not suggest he is the best player in the side, I might even venture to suggest that he is not the best left back in the squad - however I would say he is a good player and a fantastic cover for the left back slot specifically and left side generally. On top of that yes he can kick a ball hard, really really hard, but and here's the big but, he can also kick it accurately.

I think we would struggle to find as good a player as Kolarov, a man who knows his limitations and would be prepared to be a cover player.

All about opinions but yours that suggests that people who back him because he's a City player are somewhat misguided (my opinion).

;o))

Really? Yet I've seen countless examples of where he has taken license upon himself to shoot from 40 yards out and 99% of the time hit it into the stands.

When I say poor, I'm not saying he is as poor as a full back at Southampton or Reading. I'm saying he is the poorest player in our squad. And CERTAINLY the poorer out of the two left backs. Hence a weak link (the original post).

gio's side step said:
BigJoe#1 said:
gio's side step said:

;o))

Really? Yet I've seen countless examples of where he has taken license upon himself to shoot from 40 yards out and 99% of the time hit it into the stands.

When I say poor, I'm not saying he is as poor as a full back at Southampton or Reading. I'm saying he is the poorest player in our squad. And CERTAINLY the poorer out of the two left backs. Hence a weak link (the original post).

Hmmm good job he was on target against Sunderland at home last season then eh?

Oh whilst we're at why dont we lambast Kompany for letting the QPR guy go ahead?

BigJoe#1 said:
gio's side step said:
BigJoe#1 said:

;o))

Hmmm good job he was on target against Sunderland at home last season then eh?

Oh whilst we're at why dont we lambast Kompany for letting the QPR guy go ahead?

Because Kompany's performances over the last three years make him stand out as one of the best centre halves in the world. Kolorov's performances over the last two years mark him out as a liability.

I don't know a single City fan who doesn't share this opinion.

Didsbury Dave said:

Translated as being I don't know a single City fan that does not agree with me.

A fair few on here would not agree that Kolarov is (as you unkindly put it) a liability. I would never say he was the best player in the team, there again I cant think of many teams where the left backs are, however I do think it a bit unkind and well rude to suggest he's a libility - after all he did score the goal that got us the point against Sunderland thank god that was the one percent that was on target and went in. Without that point we would be a very different proposition today.

BigJoe#1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Translated as being I don't know a single City fan that does not agree with me.

A fair few on here would not agree that Kolarov is (as you unkindly put it) a liability. I would never say he was the best player in the team, there again I cant think of many teams where the left backs are, however I do think it a bit unkind and well rude to suggest he's a libility - after all he did score the goal that got us the point against Sunderland thank god that was the one percent that was on target and went in. Without that point we would be a very different proposition today.

So your opinion is basically justified because of one goal against Sunderland?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.