Is Kolarov the weak link?

samharris said:
He was guilty of ball watching for the QPR goal,if hed gone with Zamora then it would have made it more difficult for him to score,Im not saying zamora wouldnt have scored, just would have not been so easy..

It was a sensational initial save from Joe as well, but because we conceded we are not talking about that save but the shite defending which then took place after it. Kolerov was guilty of ball watching imo.

Kolarov will always be criticised by some people, regardless of how well or badly he performs.
Personally I'm more concerned with Hart and Kompany who seem far too preoccupied with high fives and mutual appreciation to concentrate on their defending and distribution.
Hart is a particular worry and has suddenly become rooted to his line for set pieces. Sweden profited in the Euros and QPR almost equalized for a second time on Saturday.

I personally think he has his faults but he is a decent player. The thing that gets me is that I think he could step up a gear. Has anyone seen some of the Lazio videos online about him?! The guy had pace, power, was beating full backs for fun and scoring amazing goals! Looked the real deal back then. I know Italy is a slower league but it's a shame we haven't seen his full talent here yet

Kippaxgirl said:
Kolarov is a superb passer into the box and also does okay on free kicks near the penalty area.

..but that's all he can do. His job is to be a left back and he's a poor defender, a poor header, doesn't get close enough and is short of pace.

We are a much worse team whenever he's in the 11.

Two types of football fan.

1. Those who have played the game properly (when I say properly I mean have some form of football intellect from having to have developed that at a decent level)

2. Those who havent played the game properly (this features those generally crap at football with two left feet or those who haven't kicked a ball and merely follow football to be entertained, have a piss up and feel part of a collective)

The former recognise Kolarov as being a poor player (at the top end of the PL level). The latter recognise him as the opposite (and tend to rate him based on the following premises ... 1. he plays for city therefore he is a top quality player and 2. Mancini signed him thus 'in bobby we trust', 'bobby knows more than any fan about football')

gio's side step said:
Two types of football fan.

1. Those who have played the game properly (when I say properly I mean have some form of football intellect from having to have developed that at a decent level)

2. Those who havent played the game properly (this features those generally crap at football with two left feet or those who haven't kicked a ball and merely follow football to be entertained, have a piss up and feel part of a collective)

The former recognise Kolarov as being a poor player (at the top end of the PL level). The latter recognise him as the opposite (and tend to rate him based on the following premises ... 1. he plays for city therefore he is a top quality player and 2. Mancini signed him thus 'in bobby we trust', 'bobby knows more than any fan about football')

Would totally agree with that. In truth, the forum contains many people in the "2" category and quite a few in the gap between 1 and 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.