Is Kolarov the weak link?

ABU inc GDR said:
burnagelane said:
Kolarov is below the skill standard of the rest of the squad.
He is lucky he was not sent off yesterday and left his team short.
A powerfull left foot is not enough if you haven't got a right foot.
I'm certain City can do better. Clichy is 5 times the player.

Agree 100% and would add that he looses possession far too easily and this is down to poor judgement and passing sideways or backwards as he rarely takes a man on. Defensively he is Championship quality at best, he is slow to react and positionally he is weak as proved for Liverpools first goal.

If Mancini hadn't bought the player he would have already been sold!

Ffs

kiam06 said:
He isn't as good as Clichy obviously but he's good enough for the squad and we can't expect to have perfection in every position on the pitch and bench.

I'd say just get behind the lad.

Agreed. one question i do have is why do we rotate clichy for certain games ? If hes fit he should play every game? I mean you never see Cole, Evra, or Gibbs left out unless theyre injured. All it does is upsets the rhthym of the back four. Its no wonder we don't look solid right now. Obviously Mancini likes something about Kolorov but its not doing us any good swapping defenders all the time. Im surprised Platt and Kidd havent said anything to him.

citymad said:
kiam06 said:
He isn't as good as Clichy obviously but he's good enough for the squad and we can't expect to have perfection in every position on the pitch and bench.

Agreed. one question i do have is why do we rotate clichy for certain games ? If hes fit he should play every game? I mean you never see Cole, Evra, or Gibbs left out unless theyre injured. All it does is upsets the rhthym of the back four. Its no wonder we don't look solid right now. Obviously Mancini likes something about Kolorov but its not doing us any good swapping defenders all the time. Im surprised Platt and Kidd havent said anything to him.

You expect a player to play 70 games a season

grim up north said:
citymad said:
kiam06 said:

of course not but back fours need some consistency, they need to depend on one another and have a good understanding not many coaches rotate their full backs. I dont mind changing for league and Fa cup games but the premier league and champs league are our goals.

citymad said:
grim up north said:
citymad said:

So you expect Kompany to be dropped a lot ?

No rested i dont expect him to play every game, full back is the most tireing position on the pitch

He cant be the weak link,purely on the fact that no one else in the team can do that needless tricky little flick thing he does whilst nobody is anywhere near him. Although i think it does bamboozle some defenders as they cant get near him from laughing

grim up north said:
citymad said:
grim up north said:

No rested i dont expect him to play every game, full back is the most tireing position on the pitch

actually you make a good point, The modern day full back is asked to do a lot more but still Id have Clichy for 80% of the time.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:58 am --<br /><br />
grim up north said:
citymad said:
grim up north said:

actually you make a good point, The modern day full back is asked to do a lot more but still Id have Clichy for 80% of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.